Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default some folks

Quote from Coventry housing association insulation project:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks lovely. The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have turned my heating thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it’s really noticeable how much of a difference the insulation has made to my home. "

!

I suppose the thermostat could be broken.

Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Quote from Coventry housing association insulation project:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks lovely.
The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have turned my heating
thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it’s really noticeable how much of a
difference the insulation has made to my home. "

They walk among us, and get to vote.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:40:40 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks
lovely. The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have
turned my heating thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it s
really noticeable how much of a difference the insulation has made to
my home. "

They walk among us, and get to vote.

It is possible, I suppose, that although his thermostat was set to 22
he was losing so much heat that his house was only ever at, say, 12. In
which case 15 would now feel hot (to him).

On a similar line there is now enough waste heat from the occupants and
appliances that there is minimal requirement for additional heat. It
doesn't say what time of year that quote was taken either. And along with
the insulation were the windows/doors improved, reducing/eliminating
draughts.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

Quote from Coventry housing association insulation project:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks lovely.
The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have turned my
heating thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it’s really noticeable how
much of a difference the insulation has made to my home. "

!

I suppose the thermostat could be broken.

Simon.

lol, never ceases to amaze how people just can't grasp the concept of
thermostats. Fit their rads with TRVs as well, and their heads melt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

lol, never ceases to amaze how people just can't grasp the concept of
thermostats. Fit their rads with TRVs as well, and their heads melt.

Surely that would indicate a malfunction of the TRV?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/12/2012 10:47, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

Quote from Coventry housing association insulation project:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks
lovely. The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have
turned my heating thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it’s really
noticeable how much of a difference the insulation has made to my home. "

!

I suppose the thermostat could be broken.

Simon.

lol, never ceases to amaze how people just can't grasp the concept of
thermostats. Fit their rads with TRVs as well, and their heads melt.

SWMBO doesn't understand thermostats. Or thermos flasks. Mine developed
a fault, resulting in cold soup. She said it must be letting the cold
in :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:47:20 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

Fit their rads with TRVs as well, and their heads melt.

Very stratified air in their rooms.

OK, folks, you're on your own Tom Dacon[_7_] Metalworking 3 July 7th 11 06:32 AM
Anybody know anything about these folks??? dpb Home Repair 0 January 21st 09 01:14 AM
Thanks Folks!!! mgarvie Home Repair 0 February 22nd 06 02:41 PM
THAT'S IT FOLKS, WE'RE OUT OF OIL [email protected] Home Repair 1 September 3rd 05 06:13 AM
Sorry Folks !!!!! BigWallop UK diy 14 June 11th 05 01:05 PM