BigWallop

Default Sorry Folks !!!!!

I must apologise to some people in the newsgroups that I may have sent
direct e-mail replies to.

It all stems from a new bit of OE plug-in software I'm testing, and when I
replied to, what I thought was, the whole group, it wasn't doing what I
thought it was doing.

So, if anyone had an e-mail from in the last few
hours, I'm sorry!!!!! I won't let it happen again, I promise.

The Wanderer

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:33:17 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

I must apologise to some people in the newsgroups that I may have sent
direct e-mail replies to.

It all stems from a new bit of OE plug-in software I'm testing, and when I
replied to, what I thought was, the whole group, it wasn't doing what I
thought it was doing.

So, if anyone had an e-mail from in the last few
hours, I'm sorry!!!!! I won't let it happen again, I promise.

Now all those who didn't get an email will feel hurt........

:-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Mike

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...
I must apologise to some people in the newsgroups that I may have sent
direct e-mail replies to.

It all stems from a new bit of OE plug-in software I'm testing,

Go on then - what plug-in is this ?

(Cue lots of "why bother - use something/anything else' posts :-)

Chipmunk

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:11:57 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

[snip]
(Cue lots of "why bother - use something/anything else' posts :-)

[/snip]

Back in my day, we connected by connecting a telegraph key and a
carbon mic to the phone line and had to simulate a 300/300 baud dialup
negotiation and we liked it...

Seriously, OE's disadvantages are often harped upon but the fact is,
if you tame it, it's not *that* much of a security risk, certainly
less than downloading 18 different newsreaders to find one that you
like :-) and it's free.

Owain

Chipmunk wrote:
Back in my day, we connected by connecting a telegraph key and a
carbon mic to the phone line and had to simulate a 300/300 baud dialup
negotiation and we liked it...

Eeh, thee had a telegraph key, tha loocky beggar, we had to make do with
two brass paper fasteners and a strip cut out of an old baked beans
can, the smoke used to rise from our fingernails every time Father
changed the accumulator.

Carbon mic, eeh thee didn't know thee was born. We used to dream of
t'day when Reverend Hunnings would invent t' carbon granule mic down in
Bolton Percy. There we wuz, shouting into our Berliner transmitters and
thinking "A Yorkshireman could invent summat better than this".

Owain

Owain wrote:
Chipmunk wrote:

Back in my day, we connected by connecting a telegraph key and a
carbon mic to the phone line and had to simulate a 300/300 baud dialup
negotiation and we liked it...

Eeh, thee had a telegraph key, tha loocky beggar, we had to make do with
two brass paper fasteners and a strip cut out of an old baked beans
can, the smoke used to rise from our fingernails every time Father
changed the accumulator.

Carbon mic, eeh thee didn't know thee was born. We used to dream of
t'day when Reverend Hunnings would invent t' carbon granule mic down in
Bolton Percy. There we wuz, shouting into our Berliner transmitters and
thinking "A Yorkshireman could invent summat better than this".

Owain

It was sometimes possible to dial using a coin on the mic with carbon
mic phones. Just rap it at the right speed and number of hits, in some
cases R goes low enough to be recognised as pulse dialling. Tried it on
a broken phonebox once, worked fine. Have to be pretty quick though.

NT

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
It was sometimes possible to dial using a coin on the mic with carbon
mic phones. Just rap it at the right speed and number of hits, in some
cases R goes low enough to be recognised as pulse dialling. Tried it on
a broken phonebox once, worked fine. Have to be pretty quick though.

Why didn't you just tap out morse style on the phone cradle switch like
everybody else ?

BigWallop

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...
I must apologise to some people in the newsgroups that I may have sent
direct e-mail replies to.

It all stems from a new bit of OE plug-in software I'm testing, and when I
replied to, what I thought was, the whole group, it wasn't doing what I
thought it was doing.

So, if anyone had an e-mail from in the last

few
hours, I'm sorry!!!!! I won't let it happen again, I promise.

It's a software thing a friend is developing for OE. It just gives some
more layout schemes and button placements etc. etc. But he thinks it's
going to be the next generation OE. :-) Yeah right. LOL

Owain

BigWallop wrote:
It's a software thing a friend is developing for OE. It just gives some
more layout schemes and button placements etc. etc. But he thinks it's
going to be the next generation OE. :-) Yeah right. LOL

He'd be better off developing for Thunderbird - as it's open source
development should be easier than a proprietary API, and he won't be
left behind when MS release a differently-broken^W^Wupdated one.

Owain

BigWallop

"Owain" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
It's a software thing a friend is developing for OE. It just gives some
more layout schemes and button placements etc. etc. But he thinks it's
going to be the next generation OE. :-) Yeah right. LOL

He'd be better off developing for Thunderbird - as it's open source
development should be easier than a proprietary API, and he won't be
left behind when MS release a differently-broken^W^Wupdated one.

Owain

The laugh I have about it Owain, is that he works for MS in the USofA. No
wonder the stuff is crap. :-)

Owain

BigWallop wrote:
"Owain" wrote
It's a software thing a friend is developing for OE. ...

He'd be better off developing for Thunderbird ...

The laugh I have about it Owain, is that he works for MS in the USofA.

You admit to knowing such people? ;-)

No wonder the stuff is crap. :-)

Don't mention Thunderbird to him then please. We don't want that broken too.

Owain

Mike

"Owain" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"Owain" wrote
It's a software thing a friend is developing for OE. ...
He'd be better off developing for Thunderbird ...

The laugh I have about it Owain, is that he works for MS in the USofA.

You admit to knowing such people? ;-)

No wonder the stuff is crap. :-)

Don't mention Thunderbird to him then please. We don't want that broken

too.

If it was a serious threat, MS would buy it so that they could break it :-)