Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some people will pinch anything...

Renovating the bathroom at handyman towers 11, replaced the old basin & WC.

Left the old basin & WC on the drive, they were there for over a week
cos I didn't have time to take them to the tip.

Old basin (minus taps) was dreadful, crazed & chipped, the waste was
disgusting - so bad SWMBO has been using the kitchen sink when cleaning
her teeth. Pedestal wasn't up to much either.

Cistern didn't flush properly despite a repair attempt, old style ball
valve, full of lime scale, loose flush handle.

Low & behold - someone has pinched them!

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Easily smashed to make a small quantity of hardcore for a path repair?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman writes:
Renovating the bathroom at handyman towers 11, replaced the old basin & WC.

Left the old basin & WC on the drive, they were there for over a week
cos I didn't have time to take them to the tip.

Old basin (minus taps) was dreadful, crazed & chipped, the waste was
disgusting - so bad SWMBO has been using the kitchen sink when cleaning
her teeth. Pedestal wasn't up to much either.

Cistern didn't flush properly despite a repair attempt, old style ball
valve, full of lime scale, loose flush handle.

Low & behold - someone has pinched them!

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had
already done so...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2012 18:15, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman writes:
Renovating the bathroom at handyman towers 11, replaced the old basin & WC.

Left the old basin & WC on the drive, they were there for over a week
cos I didn't have time to take them to the tip.

Old basin (minus taps) was dreadful, crazed & chipped, the waste was
disgusting - so bad SWMBO has been using the kitchen sink when cleaning
her teeth. Pedestal wasn't up to much either.

Cistern didn't flush properly despite a repair attempt, old style ball
valve, full of lime scale, loose flush handle.

Low & behold - someone has pinched them!

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had
already done so...

Bloke round the corner left his in the front garden and planted a
Camellia in it. Seems to be thriving.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:15:39 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had
already done so...

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not
plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit
spigot or a fake water supply pipe. As there was normally a bit of loo
paper involved we figured it was female supporting artist. Cast and Crew
knew they were non-practical.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice :
On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:15:39 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had
already done so...

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not
plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit
spigot or a fake water supply pipe.

I hear it's an everyday occurrence in bathroom shops.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2012 23:13, Mike Barnes wrote:
Dave Liquorice :
On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:15:39 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

Did you check inside - they probably used it, or someone else had
already done so...

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not
plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit
spigot or a fake water supply pipe.

I hear it's an everyday occurrence in bathroom shops.

Yep; by little kids usually

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 23:13:59 +0000, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not
plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit
spigot or a fake water supply pipe.

I hear it's an everyday occurrence in bathroom shops.

Damn near happened to me when I asked in a new shed where the loos
were. The woman on the desk pointed me towards the display area, where
some of them were set up in cubicles and one in particular looked as
if it could have been a 'user', it being around the corner and not
publically visible.
Somebody who wasn't clued-up about the differences could have been
easily fooled into actually using it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Ha, the prop loos on the Casualty set would get used at times. Not
plumbed in at all not even a fake soil pipe attached to the rear exit
spigot or a fake water supply pipe.

I hear it's an everyday occurrence in bathroom shops.

Damn near happened to me when I asked in a new shed where the loos
were. The woman on the desk pointed me towards the display area,

Being desperate "to go" I asked (in French [1]) where the toilets where at a
historic monument.

The guide took me to a tumbledown pile of rocks.

Three attempts later I got pointed to that which I needed.

tim

[1] and before anyone makes any comments about "the French", it wasn't in
France

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:30:15 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Don't mind, saves me a job, but why on earth would anyone want them?

Fittings. You'll find the smashed remnants of them in a ditch.

Annoyingly, they left the WC pan :-)

No brass in that, except some clinkers.

Pinch valve nomenclature Richard J Kinch Metalworking 9 January 10th 10 10:52 AM
Energy pinch? Andrew Gabriel UK diy 96 January 9th 10 10:09 AM
Traps for people who pinch security cameras Matty F UK diy 56 September 10th 09 11:03 AM
Generate Cash Fast--People Helping People Get RICH!!! Check it out! shaishai Home Ownership 0 July 3rd 06 09:37 PM
Mitsubishi VCR needs a pinch roller Lorraine Electronics Repair 1 August 17th 05 08:34 AM