Alan Darlington

Default Loose Drum Drive on Hoover Logic 1000 washing machine

Hi folks,

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt
attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps working
loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its lugs bent
over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft it doesn't hold
for long.

I have tried a lockthread type glue with only a marginal improvement.
I can think of several potential cures but would appreciate your
help/advice. Firstly, the thread on the bolt looks rather sad - does
anyone possibly know the thread size of the bolt, and would a
replacement be worth a try? Secondly, would it be worth making a new
locking-plate from a stronger metal, or would this cause a potential
problem? Thirdly, would it be worth using a stronger glue on the bolt
thread?

My latest attempt is to use a split sprung washer. I will know in a a
few washes whether it's successful. Apart from this problem the
machine works well and I am reluctant to replace it for this
relatively minor, but annoying, fault.

Thanks in advance,
Alan D
Gavin Gillespie

"Alan Darlington" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Use a split sprung washer, and an application of 'Locktite', plus
plenty of tension, but not too much or you might shear the bolt. Sprag
the pulley when applying the tension.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook

BillR

Alan Darlington wrote:
[...]

I had a logic 1300 it only lasted 5 years before the main bearing went.
They're rubbish, get a nice reliable Bosch..

Tony Williams

In article ,
Alan Darlington wrote:

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt
attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps
working loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its
lugs bent over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft
it doesn't hold for long.

Is there enough spare thread on the bolt to use another nut
a locknut against the original?

--
Tony Williams. Change "nospam" to "ledelec" to email.
JonH

Perhaps trying 'thread-lock' on reassembly of the item,
Or source a nylock nut of the correct size as replacement for the original.
Either can be purchased from your local motor-spares place, (eg. Halfords
etc )

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt
attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps
working loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its
lugs bent over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft
it doesn't hold for long.

Alan Darlington

"JonH" wrote in message ...
Perhaps trying 'thread-lock' on reassembly of the item,
Or source a nylock nut of the correct size as replacement for the original.
Either can be purchased from your local motor-spares place, (eg. Halfords
etc )

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt
attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps
working loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its
lugs bent over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft
it doesn't hold for long.

Hi Gents,

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Cheers,

Alan

ps. Does anyone know how to change one's email address on these Google
groups?. I'm sick to death of being offered ways to extend my whizzer
or fill in the bald patches etc - on my head.
BigWallop

snipped
Cheers,

Alan

ps. Does anyone know how to change one's email address on these Google
groups?. I'm sick to death of being offered ways to extend my whizzer
or fill in the bald patches etc - on my head.

Which piece of software do you use to collect your e-mail and news posts ?

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

RancidPants

ps. Does anyone know how to change one's email address on these Google
groups?. I'm sick to death of being offered ways to extend my whizzer
or fill in the bald patches etc - on my head.

Alan, the problem is, they're not specifically Google groups, Google
just provides access to read/write to them. As Google makes you
specify a valid email address in order to activate and use your
account, the only way to get around this problem is to use a different
news reader such as Outlook Express (perhaps configured through your
ISP) which will allow you to specify a duff email address.

Luke