Alan Darlington

Default Loose Drum Drive on Hoover Logic 1000 washing machine

Hi folks,

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt
attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps working
loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its lugs bent
over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft it doesn't hold
for long.

I have tried a lockthread type glue with only a marginal improvement.
I can think of several potential cures but would appreciate your
help/advice. Firstly, the thread on the bolt looks rather sad - does
anyone possibly know the thread size of the bolt, and would a
replacement be worth a try? Secondly, would it be worth making a new
locking-plate from a stronger metal, or would this cause a potential
problem? Thirdly, would it be worth using a stronger glue on the bolt
thread?

My latest attempt is to use a split sprung washer. I will know in a a
few washes whether it's successful. Apart from this problem the
machine works well and I am reluctant to replace it for this
relatively minor, but annoying, fault.

Thanks in advance,
Alan D