Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rubbish bag supports

I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.
--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2012 11:50, Broadback wrote:
I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.

There are commercial things to do this, but its pretty simple to make
something similar.

A couple of inverted U shape stands - one slightly narrower than the
other such that it fits between the legs of the bigger one. joined by a
pivot at the mid point of the legs. Open trestle style so the top of the
Us are about bag width apart and clothes peg or tape the top fo the bag
to them.

Wood sticks or some copper pipe and elbows will do the trick...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 30/11/2012 11:50, Broadback wrote:
I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.

There are commercial things to do this, but its pretty simple to make
something similar.

A couple of inverted U shape stands - one slightly narrower than the
other such that it fits between the legs of the bigger one. joined by a
pivot at the mid point of the legs. Open trestle style so the top of
the Us are about bag width apart and clothes peg or tape the top fo the
bag to them.

Wood sticks or some copper pipe and elbows will do the trick...

And a couple of light boards, shorter than your bag opening, to pick up
the leaves.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2012 13:05, Owain wrote:
On Nov 30, 11:50 am, Broadback wrote:
I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.

springy corrugated plastic rolled into a cylinder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosmere-Load...tp_s2_edpp_url

Owain

Or (in a similar vein):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-5...4293982&sr=8-9

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Nov 30, 11:50*am, Broadback wrote:
I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.
--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.

The 'Ben the Bin' design works well, but are/were vastly overpriced,
and I think are no longer made:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ben-the-Bin-Blue/dp/B005OVYPR4

pretty easy to make something like this.

I would like a version of those 'clip rings' that refuse collectors
use to hold a bag when they wander around with a 'pick-up stock', that
took carrier bags. Easy to make one that sort-of works, a bit harder
to make a fully-practical one IMO.

J^n
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/30/2012 12:17 PM, Owain wrote:
On Nov 30, 4:49 pm, jkn wrote:
I would like a version of those 'clip rings' that refuse collectors
use to hold a bag when they wander around with a 'pick-up stock', that
took carrier bags. Easy to make one that sort-of works, a bit harder
to make a fully-practical one IMO.

embroidery ring?

Owain

A quilting hoop would work better.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for
rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated
trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.

The bottom section of a kitchen flip-top bin works ok.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".

AEG- Rubbish Brian Reay[_5_] UK diy 20 August 2nd 12 06:43 PM
rubbish paint pod [email protected] UK diy 12 December 22nd 08 06:14 PM
rubbish paint pod John UK diy 1 December 21st 08 07:34 PM
'Rubbish' rubbish bags The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 July 29th 07 01:08 PM
Rubbish Shower Martin UK diy 7 February 10th 05 09:14 PM