Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sony Smartphone for the dumb

OK, so I read the thread on internet radio and thought I'd try TuneIn on
the SonyXperia mini that someone gave me because she hated it.

When I first got it I invested a fiver for Orsnge pay and go, tried it
once, thought what's the point and went back to my old cheapie clamshell
Nokia that sits in my pocket with the coppers, keys etc..

So I found the Xperia wifi and turned it on, connected to my router
(with great difficulty because stubby fingers and small buttons don't
really work).
Went to the apps store, found TuneIn and hit install. I then tried to
put in name and password for google, whereupon it said checking in with
Google, which failed as unable to get a reliable connection to the
server (the local wifi signal appeared to be solid).
So I tried to download the app via a PC, went through all sorts of slow
updates and installed Sony PC Companion, presumably over the usb link to
the PC. Then got to the download page , hit Install and the PC says that
no suitable device is connected. It just offers my Android Tablet (which
probably isn't suitable, isn't connected and is greyed out) and an
"unknown Generic" Device.

The instructions for this Xperia are pretty hopeless. I've just wasted
the whole afternoon on this.

Anybody have a clue about how to get this to install via the usb
connection?
--
Bill

Just how dumb are these courts? John Rumm UK diy 18 October 12th 11 01:23 PM
Realistic PDA/smartphone choices? Mike Halmarack[_2_] UK diy 82 June 27th 10 07:53 PM
dumb clothesline? Ken S. Tucker Home Repair 12 July 12th 09 06:28 PM
Color me DUMB! foggytown Woodworking 35 September 15th 05 09:07 AM
dumb luck wallster Metalworking 38 May 26th 05 06:16 PM