Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the certificate I should precure from my central heating installer?

Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

Thanks,

Phil_K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 08:48, Phil K wrote:
Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

Thanks,

Phil_K

We were just asked to have the boiler serviced & provide a copy of the
invoice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil K" wrote in message
Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to
have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the
central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

There is an installation check list which comes with most new boilers which
the installer should complete and give to the householder.
Generally required for warranty claims etc.
I assume that this should include the HETAS registration details.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 13, 8:48*am, Phil K wrote:
Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

Thanks,

Phil_K

Gas safety certificate. They should check the pressure to ensure there
are no leaks.

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

There is an installation check list which comes with most new boilers
which the installer should complete and give to the householder.
Generally required for warranty claims etc.
I assume that this should include the HETAS registration details.

Thanks, Dave. I have a "Gas Safety Inspection Report" signed by the
installer. There's no mention of HETAS anywhere though. How important is it
to have proof of the installer's HETAS registration? (I've never heard of
HETAS until today, but then I'm not usually involved with this sort of
thing.

PK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 11:25, Phil K wrote:
"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

There is an installation check list which comes with most new boilers
which the installer should complete and give to the householder.
Generally required for warranty claims etc.
I assume that this should include the HETAS registration details.

Thanks, Dave. I have a "Gas Safety Inspection Report" signed by the
installer. There's no mention of HETAS anywhere though. How important is it
to have proof of the installer's HETAS registration? (I've never heard of
HETAS until today, but then I'm not usually involved with this sort of
thing.

HETAS is only for solid fuel appliances... (its like the wood burner
equal to Gas Safe)

On completion of work your fitter will normally notify building control
(via Gas Safe one presumes). So you may get a completion cert posted to
you from them as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 13, 11:27*am, Phil K wrote:
Jonathan wrote in news:8d52f95f-4eb8-4fe7-9d9a-
:

Gas safety certificate. They should check the pressure to ensure there
are no leaks.

I've got a Gas Safety Instection Report, signed by the installer. It has a
serial number and I was left with a green carbon copy. Is that the same
thing you are referring to?

PK

Sounds like it - mine are called Gas Installation/ Safety Record

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 08:48, Phil K wrote:
Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

Thanks,

Phil_K

Hi Phil

Along with gas requirements....

If it's a total new install - Part P electrical installation certificate
maybe?
Particularly relevant if boiler etc is in special location e.g. kitchen.

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil K
writes
Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have
when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central
heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard
xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the
installer?

Apart from what others have said, he should notify the manufacturer of
the installation for warranty purposes

also for you

gas safe identification
commissioning test

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:48:34 +0000, Phil K wrote:

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my
domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to
have when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance
purposes?

Your installer should notify the installation of the boiler in accordance
with building regs, and you should receive a certificate that this has
been done. This is what you'll want when selling up.

The installer should also complete the "Benchmark" log book
(which may be in the back of the boiler installation & servicing manual,
or may be separate) as well as leaving the manual with you. They should
also show you how the system controls work. They may register the boiler
manufacturer's warranty for you or complete part of the registration for
you to do the rest.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Things don't like being anthropomorphised.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

YAPH wrote in :

Your installer should notify the installation of the boiler in
accordance with building regs, and you should receive a certificate
that this has been done. This is what you'll want when selling up.

The installer should also complete the "Benchmark" log book
(which may be in the back of the boiler installation & servicing
manual, or may be separate) as well as leaving the manual with you.
They should also show you how the system controls work. They may
register the boiler manufacturer's warranty for you or complete part
of the registration for you to do the rest.

OK - thank you. Many thanks to all who advised. Seems like all is in order
(or will be, after I receive the building regs certificate.

PK