Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Bad company name

Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, November 12, 2012 6:27:52 PM UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/jimll-m...637043.article

They've been around for years, i think I've used them in the distant past. I actually Googled them last week to see if they'd kept the name.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Onetap writes

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/jimll-m...company-name/8
637043.article

They've been around for years, i think I've used them in the distant
past. I actually Googled them last week to see if they'd kept the name.

Although these sexual deviants appear to have gone down

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KmgRi4tXdbUSLM
yfd1xULAQx3BHpyF1Vt1V3NP2uyvQf2Tw

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:56:49 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message ,
Onetap writes
On Monday, November 12, 2012 6:27:52 PM UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/jimll-m...company-name/8
637043.article

They've been around for years, i think I've used them in the distant
past. I actually Googled them last week to see if they'd kept the name.

Although these sexual deviants appear to have gone down

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KmgRi4tXdbUSLM
yfd1xULAQx3BHpyF1Vt1V3NP2uyvQf2Tw

Has anything been actually legally _proven_ against Savile, or has
much of this allegation been from an undercurrent of people trying to
"jump on the bandwagon" and gain some money from his (probably very
large) estate?

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:06:28 AM UTC, Frank Erskine wrote:

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

Frank Erskine

I think there were many allegations before he died but, since a dead person can't sue for libel, they were only published after he died.

There probably wasn't enough evidence to prosecute and the newspapers wouldn't want to get into a libel suit for something they couldn't prove. Undoubtedly, many are jumping on the 'Jim fixed me' bus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 13/11/12 08:52, Onetap wrote:
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:06:28 AM UTC, Frank Erskine wrote:

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

Frank Erskine

I think there were many allegations before he died but, since a dead person can't sue for libel, they were only published after he died.

There probably wasn't enough evidence to prosecute and the newspapers wouldn't want to get into a libel suit for something they couldn't prove. Undoubtedly, many are jumping on the 'Jim fixed me' bus.

Newspapers seem ready enough to print rubbish and be sued in many other
cases. Why were they so reluctant in this case?

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I know, and there have been stories for years of people having to earn
their entry into the parties some of the stars and djs threw back in the 70s
etc.
Its all down to temptation and the purks of being famous. So many have
succumbed.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Has anything been actually legally _proven_ against Savile, or has
much of this allegation been from an undercurrent of people trying to
"jump on the bandwagon" and gain some money from his (probably very
large) estate?

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

It's no longer about Saville, more about all the snakes in the pit
biting each other.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 02:06, Frank Erskine wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:56:49 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message ,
Onetap writes
On Monday, November 12, 2012 6:27:52 PM UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/jimll-m...company-name/8
637043.article

They've been around for years, i think I've used them in the distant
past. I actually Googled them last week to see if they'd kept the name.

Although these sexual deviants appear to have gone down

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KmgRi4tXdbUSLM
yfd1xULAQx3BHpyF1Vt1V3NP2uyvQf2Tw

Has anything been actually legally _proven_ against Savile, or has

Chances are you will never be able to prove anything in the legal sense
since he can't stand trial.

much of this allegation been from an undercurrent of people trying to
"jump on the bandwagon" and gain some money from his (probably very
large) estate?

There will almost certainly be some of that happening, but it seems
unlikely that accounts for all.

The fact the various police investigations seem to be taking it
seriously would suggest that there was corroborating evidence brought by
independent witnesses / victims - and possibly with details that are not
in the public domain.

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

IIUC there was plenty of undercurrent of suggestion, rumour, doubt etc
expressed during his life time.

Many cases are going to be difficult to judge since they happened in a
very different age with very different accepted norms of behaviour.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The fact the various police investigations seem to be taking it
seriously would suggest that there was corroborating evidence brought by
independent witnesses / victims - and possibly with details that are not
in the public domain.

The police love all that. A nice little gravy train with lots of
overtime. Just add it to the list of pointless tasks they waste their
time on

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Most was known about before he died by peole were paid off or threatened.
A friend of mine knew about his necrophilla back in 2005.

It's onyl now anyone will believe it, of course there will be peole jumping on teh bandwagon but iof they'ev been abuse they should be allowed to climb on.

--

Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 12:10, whisky-dave wrote:

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

Most was known about before he died by peole were paid off or
threatened. A friend of mine knew about his necrophilla back in
2005.

Not heard mention of that before... still its one way to make sure you
don't get complaints from the victim I suppose!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

that would explain the investigation into why the dpp dropped the case
while he was alive then?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...moioKmgRi4tXdb....
yfd1xULAQx3BHpyF1Vt1V3NP2uyvQf2Tw

Has anything been actually legally _proven_ against Savile, or has
much of this allegation been from an undercurrent of people trying to
"jump on the bandwagon" and gain some money from his (probably very
large) estate?

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

--
Frank Erskine

Compensayshun...........
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/12 16:41, harry wrote:

Compensayshun...........

Was that a Cliff Richard Flop of the last century?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:41:38 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

--
Frank Erskine

Compensayshun...........

You're on the list, Harry.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

I saw one of their lorries in London last week. I also thought 'oh dear'!