Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default TOT please don't let your dogs roam

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Nov 9, 3:26*am, Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

Bill

At my previous house, all my neighbours shot all strange dogs running
loose on sight. Whether or not the owner was present.

They even shot one another's dogs. Now there was a recipe for a feud.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back together
again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gazz" wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ...
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back together again?

Or a recipe for Haggis? ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
1372746813374172253.771976timdownie2003-nospampleaseyahoo.co.uk@reader80
..eternal-september.org, Tim+
writes
"Gazz" wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back
together again?

Or a recipe for Haggis? ;-)

Tim

The tabloids will be claiming it was dropped by a barn owl...
--
Nick (=----)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gazz" wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back
together again?

Or a recipe for Haggis? ;-)

I have just binned the third request of the week to give money to save
unwanted puppies!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2012 03:25, Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

Bill

The reason the Essex Police couldn't find the lion is because it had
already wandered t'up north.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:58:41 -0000, Gazz wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back together
again?

Won't some bits be missing and other bits be left over that you don't
know where they go?
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the freezer.

HTH

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 20:34:59 +0000, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:58:41 -0000, Gazz wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back
together again?

Won't some bits be missing and other bits be left over that you don't
know where they go?

It's all just squishy lego though, isn't it?

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article , Paul Ratcliffe
scribeth thus
On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:58:41 -0000, Gazz wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back together
again?

Won't some bits be missing and other bits be left over that you don't
know where they go?

What sort of dog would manage that?. More or less any or something
Alsatian size?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/12 22:05, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Paul Ratcliffe
scribeth thus
On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:58:41 -0000, Gazz wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back together
again?

Won't some bits be missing and other bits be left over that you don't
know where they go?

What sort of dog would manage that?. More or less any or something
Alsatian size?..

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In message om, brass
monkey writes

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Normally, yes. But Paddy is on 6 months suspension.

--
Bill
( A different one )
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 03:25:52 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

It's probably a crime of passion

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 22:55:46 +0000, brass monkey wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Not alive of course, just on its feet, propped up with a bit of 2x4
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 22:55:46 +0000, brass monkey wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Not alive of course, just on its feet, propped up with a bit of 2x4

The prices that our vet charges (for our **** machines) it should be jumping
around like a spring lamb.
£30 for 100ml of Zantac syrup? C'mon. I should heave a brick through his
front window every week to get my moneysworth.
But hey, he had the brains to become a !£$%"$!"% vet. I didn't.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her out of
the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

What sort of dog would manage that?. More or less any or something
Alsatian size?..

We haven't found the dog yet, despite looking at the CCTV.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

No, there was evidence in the field that a dog had been in. Another
sheep injured, signs of a struggle, damage to a fence.

Bill

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is a
very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

At one point it was back on its feet, but it remained dead.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/12 02:09, Bill Wright wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

No, there was evidence in the field that a dog had been in. Another
sheep injured, signs of a struggle, damage to a fence.

Bill

So, what about that says 'dog', not 'fox'

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the
freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her out of
the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't think
you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant here.
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 10, 8:23*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 10/11/12 02:09, Bill Wright wrote: The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

No, there was evidence in the field that a dog had been in. Another
sheep injured, signs of a struggle, damage to a fence.

Bill

So, what about that says 'dog', not 'fox'

Foxes will take a new-born lamb but that's about it. When the mother
is on her feet she will soon sort out a fox.
A sheep will see a fox off any day.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Nov 10, 9:13*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes

Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

*My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the
freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her out of
the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't think
you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant here.
--
Tim Lamb

In the rural community there's what's been did and what's been hid.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes

Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

*My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the
freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her out of
the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't think
you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant here.
--
Tim Lamb

In the rural community there's what's been did and what's been hid.

Less easy in these days of animal identification, movement records and
notification of births and deaths.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 02:08:05 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

What sort of dog would manage that?. More or less any or something
Alsatian size?..

We haven't found the dog yet, despite looking at the CCTV.

Look for a big cat instead

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 09:44:22 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't think
you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant here.
--
Tim Lamb

In the rural community there's what's been did and what's been hid.

Less easy in these days of animal identification, movement records and
notification of births and deaths.

Does Defra apply any common sense to where an animal may have
succumbed?

DEFRA couldn't care less.
After all, it's the Department for the Elimination of FaRming Absolutely

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 10/11/12 02:09, Bill Wright wrote: The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

No, there was evidence in the field that a dog had been in. Another
sheep injured, signs of a struggle, damage to a fence.

Bill

So, what about that says 'dog', not 'fox'

Foxes will take a new-born lamb but that's about it. When the mother
is on her feet she will soon sort out a fox.
A sheep will see a fox off any day.

not a dead sheep..
...i've seen dead sheep being hauled out of a filed by a dheep farmer.
Just died of whatever.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:04:42 -0800 (PST), Owain
wrote:

On Nov 9, 10:55*pm, "brass monkey" wrote:
A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Grace Mulligan would have turned it into enough stew to feed a family
of 6 for a year and a hearthrug before scrubbing her front step this
morning.

Owain

My Grace would have butchered it for your Grace, and even pulled this
thread vaguely back on topic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...TV-launch.html

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

brass monkey wrote:
"Jules Richardson" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 22:55:46 +0000, brass monkey wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning:
this is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

A decent vet would have that back on its feet.

Not alive of course, just on its feet, propped up with a bit of 2x4

The prices that our vet charges (for our **** machines) it should be
jumping around like a spring lamb.
£30 for 100ml of Zantac syrup? C'mon. I should heave a brick through
his front window every week to get my moneysworth.
But hey, he had the brains to become a !£$%"$!"% vet. I didn't.

Damien Hurst could make more money from it than a vet......

--
Adam

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't think
you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant here.

What the eye don't see the heart don't grieve.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

In the rural community there's what's been did and what's been hid.

Because lawmaking is done by city folk, country folk have to 'interpret'
things for themselves sometimes.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning.
Warning: this is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in
the freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her
out of the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

I'm a bit out of touch with the current regulations but I don't
think you are allowed to bury farm animals.

https://www.gov.uk/fallen-stock

The main concern is spread of disease and probably not relevant
here. --
Tim Lamb

In the rural community there's what's been did and what's been hid.

Less easy in these days of animal identification, movement records and
notification of births and deaths.

Last week on one of the farms I work on I was most delighted to see a dead
cow been dragged down the road by a tractor. It had died overnight, was
removed from the barn and brought into isolation. A vet attended not long
after and a couple of hours later the corpse was taken away by a firm that
deals with such things.

I assume this one needed a record of death as it was supposed to be prime
beef.

And the other farm (derelict) needs something to catch rats. I went there
the other night at about 7pm to pick up some tools. I saw about 30 rats as I
drove into the property. I might take my parents Border Terrier there one
night. The buggers just swarmed across the driveway. If I see 30 rats then
how many are out of sight?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

My advice is to get out the knives and bags and make room in the
freezer.

She were mutton, not lamb. In the end the low loader pulled her out of
the hedge and she was buried in a deep 'ole.

What a waste of good protein for the local fauna

--
geoff

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2012 15:58, Gazz wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this
is a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

As this is the DIY group, do you want to know how to put it back
together again?

Na, just some nice lamb curry recipes...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 10/11/12 02:09, Bill Wright wrote: The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A fox.

The sheep probably just died...and the fox took the juicy bits

No, there was evidence in the field that a dog had been in. Another
sheep injured, signs of a struggle, damage to a fence.

Bill

So, what about that says 'dog', not 'fox'

Foxes will take a new-born lamb but that's about it. When the mother
is on her feet she will soon sort out a fox.
A sheep will see a fox off any day.

not a dead sheep..
..i've seen dead sheep being hauled out of a filed by a dheep farmer.
Just died of whatever.

I never seen a dead sheep on it's feet.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Nov 10, 7:41*pm, "ARW" wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

At one time the "hunt" used to take away dead animals for free (to
feed the dogs)
They stopped it at the time of the BSE scare. Now there is massive
expense.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 23:56:42 -0000, "brass monkey" wrote:

The prices that our vet charges (for our **** machines) it should be jumping
around like a spring lamb.
£30 for 100ml of Zantac syrup? C'mon. I should heave a brick through his
front window every week to get my moneysworth.
But hey, he had the brains to become a !£$%"$!"% vet. I didn't.

To be slightly fair to the vet, they pay through the nose for a lot of
items that are 'veterinary' grade and they know it's ********, but
they have to. If they're found using non-vet grade medications they
can get seriously ****ed-over by the Vet Council (or whoever it is)
and struck off if things go wrong.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 23:26:33 +0000, The Other Mike
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 03:25:52 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I found this sheep outside my front door this morning. Warning: this is
a very unpleasant image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/thismorning.JPG

It's probably a crime of passion

The perp's on the lamb, you mean?

Dogs... Gunner Asch[_6_] Metalworking 0 November 19th 11 11:53 AM
All about DOGS [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 24th 08 06:31 PM
All about DOGS [email protected] Home Repair 4 January 21st 08 01:54 PM
All about DOGS moodyddd Woodworking 20 January 20th 08 11:33 PM
All about DOGS [email protected] Metalworking 1 January 20th 08 07:01 PM