Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-drip sealant gun wanted

I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its travel?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Murmansk writes
I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its travel?

Just trip the latch to take the pressure off the plunger.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2012 20:06, Murmansk wrote:
I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its travel?

Like:

http://www.durgun.biz/38gun.php

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2012 17:33, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/11/2012 20:06, Murmansk wrote:
I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong
phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its
travel?

Like:

http://www.durgun.biz/38gun.php

Complete & utter waste of money. Hopeless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2012 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Murmansk writes
I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong
phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its
travel?

Just trip the latch to take the pressure off the plunger.

They still drip. Even the good quality ones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 02/11/2012 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Murmansk writes
I've not had much luck finding one - not sure if I'm using the wrong
phrase?

I guess they work by retracting the plunger a bit at the end of its
travel?

Just trip the latch to take the pressure off the plunger.

They still drip. Even the good quality ones.

Thank heavens for kitchen paper:-
At least you don't get the Stoats crap pile!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 November 2012 10:58:08 UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.durgun.biz/38gun.php

Complete & utter waste of money. Hopeless.

Oh, I think they're quite a laugh. I worked with a guy on one job who had one and halfway through every long run, it seemed to pop the cartridge out of the chuck. Yet he still claimed it was the best mastic gun ever, and persisted in using it. The rest of us were cracking up.

He did borrow my fugenboy to clean up the mess though. If I'd had a spare one, I'd have sold it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm sure I tried one once that belonged to someone else and I was quite favourably impressed with it but nobody seems too keen!