Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Default Free 'dial-a-disc' Service

Are you bored? In front of a landline phone and need a few groovy pop
songs to lighten up your day? Remember BT's dial-a-disc service from
long ago?

Well, courtesy of t-mobile (EE) it's back....

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a...&cat=CONTACTUS

Dial 0800 956 2208, and select all the options like a t-mobile user
intending to upgrade their phone (er, like me). You'll need a valid
t-mobile phone number. Just use one from someone you don't like.

Eventually you'll go on hold and the free party can begin! I had it
going for a good 45 minutes yesterday on the speakerphone and it sounded
pretty good. Nobody answered, so tonight I'm trying for an even longer
record. 24 mins so far.

.... Ok, me drugs are wearing off...

Got to day "Wonderful" customer service (read crap). Obviously they know
it's me, I entered me number, and I've got limited time to cancel a
contract, or funnily they bill me for not giving them more than 30days
notice. The only way ye can cancel a contract is to speak to them. I
kind of suspect their telephone system is purposely making that event as
hard as possible, so I unavoidably default.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian C
writes

Got to day "Wonderful" customer service (read crap). Obviously they know
it's me, I entered me number, and I've got limited time to cancel a
contract, or funnily they bill me for not giving them more than 30days
notice. The only way ye can cancel a contract is to speak to them. I
kind of suspect their telephone system is purposely making that event as
hard as possible, so I unavoidably default.

How about raising a formal in writing?

Keep it short and sweet but let them know that you were trying to cancel
for X days before the deadline. You don't actually want them to admit
their mistake and cough up what you are due, you just want to document
the dispute and force them to declare an impasse so you can submit a
regulatory complaint.

If it's anything like utility complaints, it's the provider that has to
pay the costs of submission to the regulator, about 300quid a pop for
utilities. Is it the same for mobile providers?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2012 22:57, fred wrote:
In article , Adrian C
writes

Got to day "Wonderful" customer service (read crap). Obviously they know
it's me, I entered me number, and I've got limited time to cancel a
contract, or funnily they bill me for not giving them more than 30days
notice. The only way ye can cancel a contract is to speak to them. I
kind of suspect their telephone system is purposely making that event as
hard as possible, so I unavoidably default.

How about raising a formal in writing?

Ah, no need now, it took a total of 2 hours of landline hold time to
sort out. I never mentioned to them 30 days notice, but contract now
effectively cancelled.

Keep it short and sweet but let them know that you were trying to cancel
for X days before the deadline. You don't actually want them to admit
their mistake and cough up what you are due, you just want to document
the dispute and force them to declare an impasse so you can submit a
regulatory complaint.
If it's anything like utility complaints, it's the provider that has to
pay the costs of submission to the regulator, about 300quid a pop for
utilities. Is it the same for mobile providers?

http://www.cisas.org.uk/faqs-11_e.html

Yep, looks like provider pays but I can't find the fees on there. Plus
because there would be administration costs involved and risk of
negative PR, I'd suppose in most cases consumer wins or gets a no fault
'without prejudice' goodwill settlement.

It *should* be possible to start a cancellation process by text, or
online. I seem to remember ISP's had to provide mutiple methods when
folks wanted to received MAC codes for changing broadband, or something.
I feel a complaint letter of mine coming on, on that....

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a...ge=html&cat=CO....

[...]

There is a way round this sort of thing. You ring up their sales
department. You will get an instant response as they think you are
going to buy.
Act thick and explain what you want. They will usually put you
straight through to where you really want to be.
Often too the sales number is an 0800 number and the others are not,
so an additional save..
This works about 75% of the time. If you need to ring back, ask if
there is another number. Often there is and you can get through much
quicker,

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2012 08:31, harry wrote:
[...]

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0808
1219999 Customer Services
0808 is sales; select option 2 to be put through to normal customer
services menu for free from a landline.

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000
Customer Services
Via T-Mobile mobile number: 07953 966150
(Charged the same as a call to a T-Mobile phone)
or 150 from T-Mobile handset

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 2412 0808
1219999 T-Mobile Direct (Sales)
All these numbers have the same menu on, so can be used interchangeably.
Also: 0800 956 2208 & 0800 956 2929

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0808
1214105 Registrations

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 01707
315000 Hatfield Switchboard (Head Office)Customer Services Director's
Fax: 01707 311675

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0191
501 1900 Doxford Contact Centre Switchboard

This is given as the main contact address for customer services.
T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 01685
358700 Merthyr Tydfil Contact Centre Switchboard

Sorry about the formatting

Flop

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff used his keyboard to write :
Now what would be good is a system that replaced any companies music on hold
with your personal selections.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Adrian C" wrote in message
[...]

Or at least some system which changed the record occasionally.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In message , at
10:53:48 on Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Harry Bloomfield
remarked:
Or at least some system which changed the record occasionally.

It's probably not legal here (& maybe not there), but in the US there
were some call centres that played a local pop music station as the
music on hold.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian C
writes
On 19/10/2012 22:57, fred wrote:

How about raising a formal in writing?

Ah, no need now, it took a total of 2 hours of landline hold time to
sort out. I never mentioned to them 30 days notice, but contract now
effectively cancelled.

Glad you're sorted.

http://www.cisas.org.uk/faqs-11_e.html

Yep, looks like provider pays but I can't find the fees on there.

Excellent

Plus
because there would be administration costs involved and risk of
negative PR, I'd suppose in most cases consumer wins or gets a no fault
'without prejudice' goodwill settlement.

Water and duck's back springs to mind ;-) (captive market and all as bad
as each other).

It *should* be possible to start a cancellation process by text, or
online. I seem to remember ISP's had to provide mutiple methods when
folks wanted to received MAC codes for changing broadband, or something.
I feel a complaint letter of mine coming on, on that....

I'm working up to a punch up with orange over the ability to subscribe
to roaming bundles by text but the need to call CS in order to cancel
them, and of course they are unavailable to take the call (and it's for
what used to be known as a level 5 customer so high spend).
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:10:09 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

[...]

They're all just as bad, IME. I had a similar issue with Orange
recently (although they are now part of Nothing Nowhere too).
At least T mobile have an 0800 number. I can't find any free numbers
for Orange that work, except the 150 from the handset. However
reception is crap around here, so I often get cut off mid-call, which
is not great if you've already been on hold for 20 minutes.

To add insult to injury the PAC they gave me runs out before the
notice period of my contract :-(
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?