Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan oven fan failure

Hello,

Last year I bought a Hotpoint fan oven. A year later the fan in the
oven does not turn and just hums. Hotpoint want £70 for someone to
come and look at it. I think I reported it to them just before the
year's warranty ran out, so I am a bit disappointed that they have not
been more helpful.

It is a shame that the fan has failed after just twelve months. The
oven that it replaced must have been over ten years old and the fan
was still going strong.

If I spin the fan, by spinning the blades with something when the
power is off, when I turn the oven on again, the fan will spin.

What is causing this and what is the solution? Should I just replace
the fan or can the one I have be repaired?

Another, more cosmetic, issue is that the neon (?) light that
illuminates when the oven element is on, has fallen of whatever it is
attached to inside the fascia and the lens has fallen off the
exterior.

I don't know whether this means I have been unlucky or whether it is a
sign of shoddy workmanship? As it happens, this was the second oven
they sent me as the first had the shelves installed at a slope!

I knew when I bought it that Hotpoint was a budget brand, but I could
not see the point of spending £800 on an expensive brand and I could
not afford that either. However I would have expected it to last
better than it has.

Thanks,
Stephen.

Gas oven failure Styx UK diy 6 February 12th 08 11:44 AM
Bizzare double failure in oven Ron Lowe UK diy 8 March 25th 07 10:52 PM
GE oven failure RonD Electronics Repair 5 November 30th 06 06:52 PM
Oven failure marcb UK diy 6 May 20th 05 04:26 PM
Multiple fan oven (Neff) element failure! D.White UK diy 3 December 8th 04 11:52 AM