Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer again - recommendations? :-(

Hi all

In August (back in summer - remember?) I asked for advice on fixing my
Aldi Powercraft pressure washer, which had developed the "hunting"
symptomatic of a pressure leak somewhere.

I bought my new O rings, and I've had it apart half a dozen times, but
have been unable to fix the problem: I've decided to cut my losses (in
time) and buy a new one.

Is any particular make recommended? Karcher used to be "the dog's" a
few years ago; however Aldi's Powercraft look astonishingly like
Karchers, which makes me think they're all coming off the same
production line, by the 100,000. (Not necessarily anything wrong with
that.)

I don't use a PW a vast amount: I'm looking for something fairly modest
in power as well as price. But would be happy to pay more for a
genuinely good "piece of kit".

TIA
John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2012 21:12, Another John wrote:
Hi all

In August (back in summer - remember?) I asked for advice on fixing my
Aldi Powercraft pressure washer, which had developed the "hunting"
symptomatic of a pressure leak somewhere.

Hunting is also caused by an out of kilter pressure switch or by pass valve.

I bought my new O rings, and I've had it apart half a dozen times, but
have been unable to fix the problem: I've decided to cut my losses (in
time) and buy a new one.

Is any particular make recommended? Karcher used to be "the dog's" a
few years ago; however Aldi's Powercraft look astonishingly like
Karchers, which makes me think they're all coming off the same
production line, by the 100,000. (Not necessarily anything wrong with
that.)

A lot of the Karcher stuff is very cheaply made these days.

I don't use a PW a vast amount: I'm looking for something fairly modest
in power as well as price. But would be happy to pay more for a
genuinely good "piece of kit".

The Nilfisk Alto stuff is pretty good. Machine Mart stuff is worth a
look, a lot of it is made by FIAP.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I've got a PRO360 PW for sale - has had little use, comes with a large
caseof accessories and works well. Currently in Hampshire.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nospam wrote:

I've got a PRO360 PW for sale - has had little use, comes with a large
caseof accessories and works well. Currently in Hampshire.

Thanks, but I'm quite far Oop North.

John