Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Hook lock" for sliding door on boat - suppliers?

I'm after two "hook locks" for the sliding doors on our boat. They
don't have to be super secure, it wouldn't be too difficult to break
windows or even lift the doors off the sliders.

The existing ones are worn out and jam at inconvenient moments so we
simply want to replace them with new, working ones with as little
hassle as possible. They have a conventional yale type key and (I
think) fit in a fairly standard sort of hole in the 40mm thick doors.

They are possibly something like this:-
http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalo...Door_Lock.html

but the 'hook' is much simpler, just an arc of metal that is retracted
with the key and has significantly more reach.

Any ideas for a supplier anyone?

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 2, 5:32*pm, wrote:

Any ideas for a supplier anyone?

Isaac Lord?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:32:50 PM UTC+1, (unknown) wrote:
I'm after two "hook locks" for the sliding doors on our boat. They

don't have to be super secure, it wouldn't be too difficult to break

windows or even lift the doors off the sliders.

The existing ones are worn out and jam at inconvenient moments so we

simply want to replace them with new, working ones with as little

hassle as possible. They have a conventional yale type key and (I

think) fit in a fairly standard sort of hole in the 40mm thick doors.

They are possibly something like this:-

http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalo...Door_Lock.html

but the 'hook' is much simpler, just an arc of metal that is retracted

with the key and has significantly more reach.

Any ideas for a supplier anyone?

Sugatsune would be worth a try.