Senior Member

Default Dirty water pump

I need to pump the water in the last chamber (the one with the cleanest water) of a three-chamber septic tank.

There, the water does not contain almost any solids but I need a sturdy pump (previously, a Karcher SDP 14000 developed a vertical crack in the yellow plastic housing, where some fibers would stick out, and where plenty of water came out while pumping)

The head I need is small, about three meters.

Which pump should I get?

I guess I just need one like the Karcher SDP 14000 but sturdier. This is a 800w pump which is about fine for my requirements.

Do I need a full sewage pump with inox housing, and grinder?

Thanks,

Antonio

Last edited by asalcedo : October 1st 12 at 11:09 AM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2012 11:02, asalcedo wrote:
I need to pump the water in the last chamber (the one with the cleanest
water) of a three-chamber septic tank.

There, the water does not contain almost any solids but I need a sturdy
pump (previously, a Karcher SDP 14000 developed a vertical crack in the
yellow plastic housing, where some fibers would stick out, and where
plenty of water came out while pumping)

The head I need is small, about three meters.

Which pump should I get?

I guess I just need one like the Karcher SDP 14000 but sturdier. This is
a 800w pump which is about fine for my requirements.

Do I need a full sewage pump with inox housing, and grinder?

IIRC my Einhell branded Makro special claims to cope with solids up to
30mm in diameter. That ought to do what you want.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-10-01, asalcedo wrote:

I need to pump the water in the last chamber (the one with the cleanest
water) of a three-chamber septic tank.

There, the water does not contain almost any solids but I need a sturdy
pump (previously, a Karcher SDP 14000 developed a vertical crack in the
yellow plastic housing, where some fibers would stick out, and where
plenty of water came out while pumping)

The head I need is small, about three meters.

Which pump should I get?

I guess I just need one like the Karcher SDP 14000 but sturdier. This is
a 800w pump which is about fine for my requirements.

Do I need a full sewage pump with inox housing, and grinder?

I would say not. I use whatever submersible pump I can get cheap in my
system. They generally last about 10 years. I think there's a Draper
one down there at the moment. The previous one was a Flygt (sp?) one.

I'm pretty sure you've spelt it right. I am a Control and
Instrumentation Engineer and many years ago a collegue discussed a
contract we'd received from a large petrochem company with me and the
absolutely awful Flygt level switches that they had specified.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-10-01, asalcedo wrote:

[...]

Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 55th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3178
"If there is anyone here who I have not insulted, I beg their
* * * * * *pardon." Johannes Brahms (1833-97).

Flygt is a well known manufacturer of sewage plant. Used to be one of
the best.
Dunno about these days.
They used to make special "macerating" pumps for sewage. (For pumping
the lumpy stuff)

dirty water pump with hose intake sm_jamieson UK diy 1 May 1st 08 11:09 PM
Dirty Sock Syndrome Trane Heat Pump JB[_3_] Home Repair 8 December 30th 07 01:55 AM
Dirty water pump LSR UK diy 2 September 18th 07 03:23 PM
Electric Hot Water - continual dirty 'yellow/brown' water Tim Home Repair 6 September 8th 05 06:01 AM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM