Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dirty water pump with hose intake

Most of the dirty water pumps are of the submersible type. It would be
far more useful to have one with a hose intake (would need a filter
somewhere I guess). Case in point, I've got my inspection chambers
installed, and of course its all flooded due to the rain. I'd like to
be able to suck the water out from under the chamber, where the depth
is greatest. I can imagine a hose with a termination like steam
wallpaper stripper and filter on the end, that could be poked in under
things.
I could use wet-and-dry cleaner to suck, but to keep emptying would be
a pain. Any wet-and-dry's with a pump-though option ?
Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Most of the dirty water pumps are of the submersible type. It would be
far more useful to have one with a hose intake (would need a filter
somewhere I guess). Case in point, I've got my inspection chambers
installed, and of course its all flooded due to the rain. I'd like to
be able to suck the water out from under the chamber, where the depth
is greatest. I can imagine a hose with a termination like steam
wallpaper stripper and filter on the end, that could be poked in under
things.
I could use wet-and-dry cleaner to suck, but to keep emptying would be
a pain. Any wet-and-dry's with a pump-though option ?

Wet dry vacs with a sub pump are quite common. The Numatic WVD1800AP-2 for
example
http://www.numatic.co.uk/products4.asp?id=69

Not impossible to convert a wet vac for the job yourself.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Fresh air intake requirements for a gas water heater? [email protected] Home Repair 17 July 20th 18 01:14 PM
Dirty Sock Syndrome Trane Heat Pump JB[_3_] Home Repair 8 December 30th 07 01:55 AM
Dirty water pump LSR UK diy 2 September 18th 07 03:23 PM
fa: air hose/water/hydraulic/?? fiarleads (roller thingies to guide the hose when you pull it off a reel) William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 February 25th 06 06:25 AM
Replacing water intake valve for washing machine chemqueries Home Repair 14 February 24th 05 04:27 PM