Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

Default Channel 5 - Classic Car Rescue

What a load of staged cock.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2012 20:28, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

I recorded it and have just finished watching it. Staged cock is a good
description. I won't bother with the rest of the series.

What a load of cowboys. I pity the mug who ends up with that car.

Jim

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary - let alone all
the ******** talked on screen.

And who in their right mind re-sprays the car before doing the mechanical
work?

--
*All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y
AC AC is offline

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

Heh, if you reckon that, find the bald blokes last series "Chop Shop".
You can find it on youtube. Its ****ing hilarious. Its almost a classic.

--
AC
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 25, 12:37*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary *- let alone all
the ******** talked on screen.

The main one being that the XK engine was a road car engine developed
for racing, not the other way around.

Did they have to fit the cheapest and nastiest sunroof they could
find?

--
Halmyre

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
What a load of staged cock.

Didn't watch to the end but I'll bet the "win this car" was a premium rate
phone-in. That is the real reason for the hour of crap that preceded it!

Paul DS.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 24, 8:28*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

Exactly so.
I turned it off after fifteen minutes.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 24, 8:28*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

Complain about it he-
http://www.channel5.com/contact-us
I have put a complaint in.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary - let alone all
the ******** talked on screen.

And who in their right mind re-sprays the car before doing the mechanical
work?

they didnt.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary - let alone
all the ******** talked on screen.

And who in their right mind re-sprays the car before doing the
mechanical work?

they didnt.

I'd suggest you actually watch the prog.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2012 09:07, Paul D Smith wrote:
"Grimly wrote in message
What a load of staged cock.

Didn't watch to the end but I'll bet the "win this car" was a premium rate
phone-in. That is the real reason for the hour of crap that preceded it!

Paul DS.

It was. £1.53 a minute.

I resisted the temptation. I felt a big enough mug watching it to the
end, without helping to pay for it on my phone bill.

Jim

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary - let alone all
the ******** talked on screen.

Were there E-Types factory fitted with Strombergs like their one was?
It is many years since I looked under the bonnet of one, but I thought
they were SUs. Mind you, that was a RHD. Perhaps the Yank spec was
different.

Jim
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Indy Jess John wrote:
Quite. It was full of factual errors in the commentary - let alone all
the ******** talked on screen.

Were there E-Types factory fitted with Strombergs like their one was?
It is many years since I looked under the bonnet of one, but I thought
they were SUs. Mind you, that was a RHD. Perhaps the Yank spec was
different.

It was a US spec car - the twin Strombergs rather than triple SUs - gave
better emission figures. At the expense of performance.

That car with auto transmission would have a top speed of under 120 mph.
0-60 about 11 seconds. A far cry from a decent UK manual.

BTW, the 150mph quoted as the E type top speed was only ever achieved with
the original road test car which was fitted with a D type engine.
Production versions were more like 135 mph. It wasn't until the V12
arrived that a production E-Type could make 150 mph.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 25, 11:09*am, Indy Jess John
wrote:
On 25/09/2012 09:07, Paul D Smith wrote: "Grimly *wrote in message
.. .
What a load of staged cock.

Didn't watch to the end but I'll bet the "win this car" was a premium rate
phone-in. *That is the real reason for the hour of crap that preceded it!

Paul DS.

It was. * 1.53 a minute.

I resisted the temptation. *I felt a big enough mug watching it to the
end, without helping to pay for it on my phone bill.

There's also the danger that you might actually win the wretched
thing.

--
Halmyre

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2012 12:17, Halmyre wrote:
On Sep 25, 11:09 am, Indy Jess
wrote:
On 25/09/2012 09:07, Paul D Smith wrote: "Grimly wrote in message
What a load of staged cock.

Didn't watch to the end but I'll bet the "win this car" was a premium rate
phone-in. That is the real reason for the hour of crap that preceded it!

Paul DS.

It was. 1.53 a minute.

I resisted the temptation. I felt a big enough mug watching it to the
end, without helping to pay for it on my phone bill.

There's also the danger that you might actually win the wretched
thing.

That thought crossed my mind too.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

BTW, the 150mph quoted as the E type top speed was only ever achieved with
the original road test car which was fitted with a D type engine.
Production versions were more like 135 mph. It wasn't until the V12
arrived that a production E-Type could make 150 mph.

--

There's been a lot of debate over the years about the exact provenance of
that engine, but it was certainly blueprinted and very carefully assembled.

I agree that the programme was crap - I thought it must have been made about
1980 in view of the apparent availability of cheap E-Types and the prices
quoted for the various "refurbishments" and I was astonished to find it was
actually current.

Geoff MacK

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:28 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

Exactly so.
I turned it off after fifteen minutes.

Know what you mean I wanted too but I was like a rabbit caught in
headlights... I just couldn't believe what I was watching!

Goes to show - "Buyer Beware!" - there as some mega gash *******s around !

Slatts

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Sla#s wrote:
harry wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:28 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
What a load of staged cock.

Exactly so.
I turned it off after fifteen minutes.

Know what you mean I wanted too but I was like a rabbit caught in
headlights... I just couldn't believe what I was watching!

Goes to show - "Buyer Beware!" - there as some mega gash *******s around !

Anyone thinking of buying a 40 years old car should get skilled help.

I didn't think the prog guilty of actually bodging things. But if you win
it for the price of a phone call, it would easily cover that in scrap
value.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.classic,uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message

On Sep 24, 8:28 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

What a load of staged cock.

Complain about it he-http://www.channel5.com/contact-us
I have put a complaint in.

Well done. Expect to get a whinging reply.