Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steam to the rescue!

Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region to
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few
trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Mark Rand
RTFM

that's beautiful. thanks for posting. brings tears to my eyes. how lucky
they were to get a ride on a steam powered train! i rode on steam powered
trains when i visited china in 1986 and it was a THRILL. my biggest regret
is i didn't even think to try to bribe the engineers to ride in the engine!

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:18:09 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region to
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Har! That's a great article, Mark. Thanks for sharing.

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:

Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region to
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Mark Rand
RTFM

Is that a real coal burning steam locomotive?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 24, 3:39*am, Wes wrote:
Mark Rand wrote:
Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region to
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Mark Rand
RTFM

Is that a real coal burning steam locomotive? *

Wes
--

Looks like.
See:

Stan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Mark Rand wrote:

Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few
trains
didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region
give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Mark Rand
RTFM

Is that a real coal burning steam locomotive?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Yes! Financed by enthusiasts!

Steve R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve R." wrote:

Is that a real coal burning steam locomotive?

Yes! Financed by enthusiasts!

At least this one they can ride in instead of on top of it.