Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best glue for sticking shoe insoles in place?

So many times, I have bought shoes in which the insole has come loose, so
that every time I remove the shoe, the insole gets pulled out of place.
Usually, these insoles are made of some kind of fairly stiff, very
lightweight foam-like material with a fabric surface. Can anyone suggest
the best type of glue to stick them down with (permanently)?

Some ideas that have occurred to ne include: spray adhesive, cow gum,
double-sided carpet tape... Any suggestions? What have you found to be
easy, mess-free, and durable?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some ideas that have occurred to ne include: spray adhesive, cow gum,
double-sided carpet tape... Any suggestions? What have you found to be
easy, mess-free, and durable?

TIA

Just a point - I had some cheap trainers - to take on holiday with me. They
were fine at home but when I got to Greece, the glue melted and the insole
bunched up into a sticky mess. Good Luck
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Sep 2012 11:14:24 GMT, Al Shahadie wrote:

Some ideas that have occurred to ne include: spray adhesive, cow gum,
double-sided carpet tape... Any suggestions? What have you found to be
easy, mess-free, and durable?

Pritt stick - doesn't work for long.
I might try some spray-on adhesive.
Thing is, I'm not going to buy an adhesive just for this job, so it
will be what I already have.
Grips Like **** or silicone, perhaps? I doubt PVA will do it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 24, 12:14*pm, Al Shahadie wrote:
So many times, I have bought shoes in which the insole has come loose, so
that every time I remove the shoe, the insole gets pulled out of place.

The glue doesn't usually fail, but an over-rigid glue overloads the
foamy lower surface of the insole and it's that that breaks first.

Copydex - bit more elastic than most. Expensive these days though, and
it doesn't keep for all that long.

Otherwise your favour Evo-stik alike, and just keep re-doing it as
needed. Evo-stik 528 if you have to buy it (a workshop stalwart), or
Evo-stik Timebond as the nicest to use. Otherwise the same solvent-
based PU glue for shoe undersoles, if you already have it open.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Al Shahadie" wrote in message
So many times, I have bought shoes in which the insole has come loose, so
that every time I remove the shoe, the insole gets pulled out of place.
Usually, these insoles are made of some kind of fairly stiff, very
lightweight foam-like material with a fabric surface. Can anyone suggest
the best type of glue to stick them down with (permanently)?

Some ideas that have occurred to ne include: spray adhesive, cow gum,
double-sided carpet tape... Any suggestions? What have you found to be
easy, mess-free, and durable?

TIA

And just how did you get on with your steamy window?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:55:01 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Grips Like **** or silicone, perhaps? I doubt PVA will do it.

I'd go for "Sticks Like"
(formerly "Sticks Like Sh*t" but they've dropped the already-coy last bit)

Anyway, good stuff all round.

--
John Stumbles

Avoid cliches like the plague.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in
:

And just how did you get on with your steamy window?

Please see my reply to your last post in the relevant thread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 25, 9:09*am, Al Shahadie wrote:
Yes, AFAIK, that [Copydex] is just latex 'rubber solution' - the same thing as the
old 'Cow Gum'

They're different. Copydex is natural rubber in water (with the
help of some ammonia), but Cow Gum uses naptha as a solvent instead.
I think Cow Gum is a different rubber too, to give that clean rub-off
of dried excess that made it so useful for graphics work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Al Shahadie" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in
:

And just how did you get on with your steamy window?

Please see my reply to your last post in the relevant thread.

I no longer have that thread. Occasionally I flatten all posts in
newsgroups.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in news:k3sj54$7rj$1
@dont-email.me:

I no longer have that thread. Occasionally I flatten all posts in
newsgroups.

My d/g misty window, became a nice clear, s/g window in the bat of an
eyelid! The outer pane shattered when I tried to drill it. It was safety
glass.

Not to worry; I will replace the whole window soon. I don't much like the
broken one, anyway. The style is wrong for the house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Al Shahadie, Robin wrote:
Puncture repair glue that you use to fix your cycle bikes.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...ce-836826-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 14:44:01 +0000, Robin
wrote:

replying to Al Shahadie,

who posted on September 24, 2012, 7:14 am

Robin wrote:
etc
etc
..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Al Shahadie, Dawn Arrington wrote:
I just used rubber cement. Apply to the shoe AND insole. Wait until rubber
cement is tacky. Then put together. The bond is very good. You might have to
redo in the future, but it looks like it'll last for a good long while.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ce-836826-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2017 20:44, Dawn Arrington wrote:
replying to Al Shahadie, Dawn Arrington wrote:
I just used rubber cement. Apply to the shoe AND insole. Wait until rubber
cement is tacky. Then put together. The bond is very good. You might
have to
redo in the future, but it looks like it'll last for a good long while.

I think after 5 years Mr Shahadie might have thrown them away?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 7 October 2017 20:44:04 UTC+1, Dawn Arrington wrote:
replying to Al Shahadie, Dawn Arrington wrote:
I just used rubber cement. Apply to the shoe AND insole. Wait until rubber
cement is tacky. Then put together. The bond is very good. You might have to
redo in the future, but it looks like it'll last for a good long while.

Check the dates on the posts you reply to
Better yet, find a saner portal to this newsgroup than that place you're posting from.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually I worked with a guy who would never throw shoes away, He used to
araldite them until they were more like clogs.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
news
On 07/10/2017 20:44, Dawn Arrington wrote:
replying to Al Shahadie, Dawn Arrington wrote:
I just used rubber cement. Apply to the shoe AND insole. Wait until
rubber
cement is tacky. Then put together. The bond is very good. You might have
redo in the future, but it looks like it'll last for a good long while.

I think after 5 years Mr Shahadie might have thrown them away?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a
website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.

Best glue for sticking end strip to kitchen plinths dog-man UK diy 10 March 24th 11 05:22 PM
Glue for sticking carbon fibre to alloy RJS[_2_] UK diy 19 October 26th 10 08:36 PM
glue in cold place Patt Home Repair 4 March 22nd 08 11:15 PM
FS: 12 place glue reel W. Wells Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 02:19 PM
Shoe repair glue advice please. John Fryatt UK diy 8 May 26th 05 10:54 PM