Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet Explorer and flash

Every time I try to run a report in IE I get the message:-
"Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash
player. Download the correct version."
When I hit the 'correct version' prompt, I get what appears at first sight
to be a well-consztructed, helpful screen of instructions.
But the reality is quite different. Firstly, it offers me the United States
version, but invites me to change it to another version. When I try to
change it to the United KIngdom version it simply reverts to the
United States one.
Oh well, I decide to make do with that, and hit the imposing 'Download'
button.
A barber's pole type progress bar appears - but disappears after a few
seconds!
And then - nothing! No error message. No advice what to do. Nothing!
When I close that imposing but useless download screen I'm simply kicked
right out of IE!
Anyone know what's going on - and what to do about it ?
If it makes any difference I'm running XP Pro on a 2.4GHz Dell PC
with 2GB ram.

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins pretended :
[...]

It's a bug in the latest version of Flash. Adobe are working on a fix
but until then the workaround is to go back to the earlier version of
Flash. BTW, it's affecting all browsers I believe, not just IE.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:
[...]

Internet Explorer - how quaint!

I stopped using IE a few years ago (V7 or 8 I think) when it took an age to
open most pages if at all.
I use firefox now and find it suits my needs, that is, it works.