Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone got any use for an Ideal Mexico II RS?

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but probably late 80's early 90s.

Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

And todays fun was watching the builder hit a gas pipe in an area that does
not have a gas supply!

And Transco (or whatever they are this week) did turn up. And yes it was a
gas supply.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:07:56 +0100
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age
unknown, but probably late 80's early 90s.

Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

And todays fun was watching the builder hit a gas pipe in an area
that does not have a gas supply!

And Transco (or whatever they are this week) did turn up. And yes it
was a gas supply.

Send it over here. There is no mains gas in our area, but we have a
British Gas employee living down the road. I wonder if he gets a
discount?
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, those so called mappers who are supposed to document where services
lie once again end up with egg on face.

It could have been a high pressure main, pass ing through an area with
no low pressure supply pipe ... the JCB driver would soon know about it.
Dad was a district supervisor for the gas board and as a kid I used to
tag along when he was on standby ... high pressure mains getting dug up
were rarer but more exciting!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Yes, those so called mappers who are supposed to document where services
lie once again end up with egg on face.

Yebbut, even if you tell the builders where the cable is and to hand
dig, they still use machines:-(

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge wrote:

And there was I getting all excited because I thought it was an Escort Mexico.

Glad it wasn't just me then :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:32:51 AM UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:

Yebbut, even if you tell the builders where the cable is and to hand
dig, they still use machines:-(

At the place I was working some years ago we were putting in a new path to link two buildings (this was a research centre that had started as a country house and had a load of extra buildings added). The JCB driver exposed a 10 metre length of lead piping without damaging it, but the two characters with forks and shovels who came behind to tidy up managed to puncture it within about 10 minutes. It was fortunate that it wasn't supplying anything vital...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Lamb writes:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Yes, those so called mappers who are supposed to document where services
lie once again end up with egg on face.

Yebbut, even if you tell the builders where the cable is and to hand
dig, they still use machines:-(

Outside one office where I worked, there was a bloke spraying lines
on the road marking positions of the 11kV line to the sewage pumping
station, and the high pressure sewage pipe from the pumping station,
just before the local cable company started digging up the roads to
lay their cables. I spoke with him, and he sarcastically commented
that this pretty much guaranteed they'ed hit one or the other.

He'd long gone by the time the mechanical diggers arrived, but he
was spot on - they got the 11kV cable with a loud pop and puff of
smoke, and all our power went out too. Can't help thinking it would
have been much more entertaining to hit the high pressure sewage
pipe... no fan required...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2012 10:24, Huge wrote:

And there was I getting all excited because I thought it was an Escort Mexico.

It might be an old boiler, buts its not *that* bad ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown, but
probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but was
obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

Does this mean I should be eBaying the gas valve off the Stelrad Ideal W2000
RS60 I've just ripped out and put in the scrap pile?

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2012 17:22, David WE Roberts wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown, but
probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but was
obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

Does this mean I should be eBaying the gas valve off the Stelrad Ideal W2000
RS60 I've just ripped out and put in the scrap pile?

You could try, then tell me if its worth doing ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

But illegal to fit, of course

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
John Rumm wrote:
Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but probably late 80's early 90s.

Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

And todays fun was watching the builder hit a gas pipe in an area that does
not have a gas supply!

And Transco (or whatever they are this week) did turn up. And yes it was a
gas supply.

Was he smoking as he fixed it?

When someone went through the gas supply on the paramount estate, the
bloke rolled up in his van smoking a roll up

Of course, if you think about it, not really much chance of an explosion

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown, but
probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but was
obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

Does this mean I should be eBaying the gas valve off the Stelrad Ideal W2000
RS60 I've just ripped out and put in the scrap pile?

There are still a few about, it might be worth it. Of course, you should
be sending the fan to me

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2012 20:14, geoff wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but
was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

But illegal to fit, of course

Well of course... the phrase "for spares of repair" however probably
covers that ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Outlook Express within VMWare Player
Running under W7 64bit
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown,
but
probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but was
obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

Does this mean I should be eBaying the gas valve off the Stelrad Ideal
W2000
RS60 I've just ripped out and put in the scrap pile?

There are still a few about, it might be worth it. Of course, you should
be sending the fan to me

Ummm...what fan?
Whereabouts would I find such a thing?
You are welcome to it if there is one and I can find it.

Ping: Mac in Mexico Kevin Miller[_2_] Woodturning 3 April 7th 10 07:21 AM
MetalWorkingMecca-New Mexico! NewMexicoOutdoor Metalworking 0 January 10th 09 08:43 PM
FA Ideal Mexico 2 ARWadsworth UK diy 0 April 17th 07 06:13 PM
What wood I can get in Mexico? Steve A Woodturning 8 February 11th 05 03:54 PM