Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where to get oil-based coloured eggshell paint

Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of colours, or colour mixed ?
I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut end panels, so offer some protection against moisture, as well as touching up some minor splintering on the face.
Had a look in B&Q but no surprise its all water-based except a small range of white "trade" paint.
Dulux have such a range, but where is it sold ?
Alternatively I have a Johnstones / Leyland outlet that would probably mix to match my sample, but there are only open weekdays.

Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of
colours, or colour mixed ?
I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and
oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut end panels, so offer
some protection against moisture, as well as touching up some minor
splintering on the face. Had a look in B&Q but no surprise its all
water-based except a small range of white "trade" paint.
Dulux have such a range, but where is it sold ?
Alternatively I have a Johnstones / Leyland outlet that would
probably mix to match my sample, but there are only open weekdays.

Any trade outlet will mix any colour you like in eggy, wether oil based or
water.
That said, I got some water based mushroom coloured eggy for my bathroom and
blasted a few coats on the walls.
This was 3 years ago and the spray off the roller is still on my ceramic
basin and refuses to come off, so it's definately waterproof when dry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 25, 7:52*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of colours, or colour mixed ?
I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut end panels, so offer some protection against moisture, as well as touching up some minor splintering on the face.
Had a look in B&Q but no surprise its all water-based except a small range of white "trade" paint.
Dulux have such a range, but where is it sold ?
Alternatively I have a Johnstones / Leyland outlet that would probably mix to match my sample, but there are only open weekdays.

Simon.

call your local paint shops and see. We don't really know what's local
to you. Dulux shops and various others do colour matching.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:52:56 -0700 (PDT), sm_jamieson
wrote:

Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of colours, or colour mixed ?
I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut end panels, so offer some protection against moisture, as well as touching up some minor splintering on the face.
Had a look in B&Q but no surprise its all water-based except a small range of white "trade" paint.
Dulux have such a range, but where is it sold ?
Alternatively I have a Johnstones / Leyland outlet that would probably mix to match my sample, but there are only open weekdays.

I use Dulux Trade eggshell (solvent based), mixed to a colour from the
Classic range which I get from the local Brewers branch. From memory
they also mix from the very extensive Dulux Colour Palette.
--
rbel