Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jez Jez is offline

Default Painting over Eggshell paint or first stripping off

I have a bathroom with eggshell covered walls and I'm wanting to
redecorate covering again with eggshell. Should I first strip the
paint or can I paint over? If to be stripped how best and quickly can
I achieve this as I am a disabled person with use of only one hand.
Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jez wrote:
I have a bathroom with eggshell covered walls and I'm wanting to
redecorate covering again with eggshell. Should I first strip the
paint or can I paint over? If to be stripped how best and quickly can
I achieve this as I am a disabled person with use of only one hand.

The answer depends on how well the existing eggshell is adhering to the
walls. If it is sound, then painting over it is fine. If it is peeling
off, then you need to strip it first.

If you do need to strip it, a steam stripper works very well, such as:
http://www.toolstation.com/search.ht...ipper&Search=1

The best way to tell os to just poke away at it with a blade and see if
it starts coming away.

--
Grunff
Diamagnetic Levitation:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 May, 12:21, Jez wrote:
I have a bathroom with eggshell covered walls and I'm wanting to
redecorate covering again with eggshell. Should I first strip the
paint or can I paint over? If to be stripped how best and quickly can
I achieve this as I am a disabled person with use of only one hand.
Thanks.

Wash the walls with sugar soap solution, rinse with clean water and
then paint over. If your new colour is similar in tone to the original
you wont need undercoat as eggshell is pretty good as an undercoat,
HTH.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jez Jez is offline

Thanks for your advice I'll try it.