Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - I don't suppose anyone out there has copy of the olympics opening ceremony by any chance?

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message m, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

DVD? She's not exactly what one might call computer literate

www.cetltd.com has contact details

molto obligato or whatever

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Toby
writes
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

Ah - I assumed thge BBC would have blocked it

still a DVD from Pak monyet kuning (that's indonesian) would be best,
given her computing abilities

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message m, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

DVD? She's not exactly what one might call computer literate

www.cetltd.com has contact details

molto obligato or whatever

--
geoff

Ahhh, I could upload a .ts file (SD 7.5gig) to somewhere or Humax HDR HD
files (18gig).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message m, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

DVD? She's not exactly what one might call computer literate

www.cetltd.com has contact details

molto obligato or whatever

--
geoff

Ahhh, I could upload a .ts file (SD 7.5gig) to somewhere or Humax HDR HD
files (18gig).

Big file that, anyone know how best to do this?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message om, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message m, brass
monkey writes

"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

DVD? She's not exactly what one might call computer literate

www.cetltd.com has contact details

molto obligato or whatever

--
geoff

Ahhh, I could upload a .ts file (SD 7.5gig) to somewhere or Humax HDR HD
files (18gig).

Big file that, anyone know how best to do this?

Well, bugger me - just about top be repeated on BBC1

1:45 - 4:30

How long was the original?

(I was in Germany at the time, so no idea)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Toby
writes
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

Ah - I assumed thge BBC would have blocked it

still a DVD from Pak monyet kuning (that's indonesian) would be best,
given her computing abilities

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ning_Ceremony/

if she is at yours

--
Adam

http://goo.gl/maps/dKhd4

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2012 23:54, brass monkey wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

Pirate Bay?

http://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Toby
scribeth thus
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

And so much better if the accompanying commentary had been either left
out completely or done properly!

Spoils what was otherwise an excellent performance!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:18:25 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Toby
scribeth thus
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

And so much better if the accompanying commentary had been either left
out completely or done properly!

Spoils what was otherwise an excellent performance!...

All they needed to do was remove the Trevor Nelson channel.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2012 12:31 Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:18:25 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Toby
scribeth thus
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

And so much better if the accompanying commentary had been either left
out completely or done properly!

Spoils what was otherwise an excellent performance!...

All they needed to do was remove the Trevor Nelson channel.

+1

I think they forgot to tell him it was a TV rather than a radio
broadcast and so he didn't need to describe what we could already see
was happening.

Too many commentators feel compelled to open their mouths and describe
what we can see for ourselves. Too many talk over interesting sounds
from the location - talking over the sound of a Spitfire or Lancaster
should be a hanging offence!

The very best know and understand the value of silence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff writes:

S-i-L wants to see it

It was replayed on the telly just an hour or so after your post,
albeit with someone signing it all in the bottom right corner.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Toby
writes
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

Somewhere on Usenet someone recently recommended this free software.
It's got a Youtube to DVD option. I've not used yet myself, but would be
interested to know how it goes if you try it.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

--
Nick (=----)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2012 15:27, Nick wrote:
In message , Toby
writes
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

Somewhere on Usenet someone recently recommended this free software.
It's got a Youtube to DVD option. I've not used yet myself, but would be
interested to know how it goes if you try it.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Actually Windows Movie Maker and DVD Maker are ok, surprisingly enough.
I ended up ditching all the freeware stuff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
On 19/08/2012 23:54, brass monkey wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

Pirate Bay?

http://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

via a Virgin account?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
geoff writes:

S-i-L wants to see it

It was replayed on the telly just an hour or so after your post,
albeit with someone signing it all in the bottom right corner.

Well, yes, as I posted a few minutes before it started

"Well, bugger me - just about top be repeated on BBC1

1:45 - 4:30"

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Toby
writes
On 19/08/2012 23:38, geoff wrote:

S-i-L wants to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI

starts at 9:38

Ah - I assumed thge BBC would have blocked it

still a DVD from Pak monyet kuning (that's indonesian) would be best,
given her computing abilities

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...monies_London_
2012_Opening_Ceremony/

if she is at yours

D/loaded that when I got back from germany and it had been scrambled

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2012 18:00, ARWadsworth wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
On 19/08/2012 23:54, brass monkey wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

S-i-L wants to see it

--
geoff

Howdya want it, Geoff?

Pirate Bay?

http://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

via a Virgin account?

Yep. Loads of other proxies if this one gets blocked

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:38:28 PM UTC+1, geoff wrote:
S-i-L wants to see it

--

geoff

Did you ever get the opening ceremony in a suitable form?

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , RJS
writes
On Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:38:28 PM UTC+1, geoff wrote:
S-i-L wants to see it

geoff

Did you ever get the opening ceremony in a suitable form?

Yes thanks

Although I still can't believe I was replying to brass monkey about it
as it was announced that t was just about to be repeated on BBC1

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , RJS
writes
On Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:38:28 PM UTC+1, geoff wrote:
S-i-L wants to see it

geoff

Did you ever get the opening ceremony in a suitable form?

Yes thanks

Although I still can't believe I was replying to brass monkey about it as
it was announced that t was just about to be repeated on BBC1

--
geoff

Yea, crazy.
I have to say that I think it's a decent watch, and I don't care who knows
it
Not sure about the paralympics though. Watching people with bits missing
prepared to do faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than I. Unless there's a watch winding
tournament or a 100mtr hide the sausage relay (gang bang).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yea, crazy.
I have to say that I think it's a decent watch, and I don't care who knows
it
Not sure about the paralympics though. Watching people with bits missing
prepared to do faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than I. Unless there's a watch winding
tournament or a 100mtr hide the sausage relay (gang bang).

Watch winding sold out months ago :-)