Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I buy replacements?

Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a connector
block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5 meter lead and seem
to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on tinternet

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 12:02:19 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Why can't you see the pics?
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

I cannot see them.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:04:38 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

Mike

I can't, but I had to take dropbox.de out of the Hosts file to see TMH's
pics. CBA to look for another one.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:04:38 +0100
"Muddymike" wrote:

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

Mike

Yep, no problem.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...

Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

I cannot see them.

--
Adam

Okay Try
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49024805/Light%201.JPG
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49024805/Light%202.JPG

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

It's one of those sites that use all the bells and whistles just to view a
pic.

A direct link to a Photobucket pic works on pretty well anything.

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:49:39 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...

Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

I cannot see them.

Nor I.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

The only visible picture (no 1) only shows the back of the light fitting,
the other picture is just a black square.
My advice is to take some better pictures and upload them to tinypic,
preferably showing the front of the lights

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2012 13:04, Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5
meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

I can see the pictures, but have no idea about the lights.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:46:22 AM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a connector

block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5 meter lead and seem

to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on tinternet

Mike

They look like this kind of thing without the removable shroud that allows them to be surface mounted. Various makes available which are fairly interchangeable, except they might use different connectors. You can also snip of the connectors and use your own though.

http://www.bdc.co.uk/lighting-indoor/cabinet-and-shelf

If they are the ones I think they are, they are not a sealed unit. The inner metal ring will pop out with the glass, and there is a capsule lamp inside. A teaspoon is the best tool for the job.

If they are not that type, post a pic of the front as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:46:22 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5 meter
lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

For the benefit of those who can't see the pics, the fittings are flush
types. The second pic shows a label on the side of a fitting, stating 12V
20W G4.

The fittings will almost certainly not be sealed as the G4 capsules will
be replaceable! The capsules themselves are available just about
everywhere.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:46:22 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo--

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug into a
connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of approx. 0.5 meter
lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with accuracy on
tinternet

Mike

For the benefit of those who can't see the pics, the fittings are flush
types. The second pic shows a label on the side of a fitting, stating 12V
20W G4.

The fittings will almost certainly not be sealed as the G4 capsules will
be replaceable! The capsules themselves are available just about
everywhere.

I must have another good look at them as I could see no way of taking them
apart.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...

Muddymike wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Anyone recognise these lights?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3m0d3qgtsjfu6ey/F0a020Jo

The two cabinet lights, filenames Light 1 and 2. They plug
into a connector block with small two pin plugs on the end of
approx. 0.5 meter lead and seem to be a sealed unit.

I need two replacements, and can't match them up with
accuracy on tinternet

Mike

Can't see your pics - but could they be LinkLights?

Can anyone else se the pictures?

I cannot see them.

Okay Try
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49024805/Light%201.JPG
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49024805/Light%202.JPG

I do believe Wickes sell them

--

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Muddymike" writes:
[...]

I have them - came with a play unit piece of furniture.
The glass front unclips, and you can change the capsule lamps.

--
Andrew Gabriel