Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Spose we'd better give the porridgewog a british passport now

Has he started crying yet?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Has he started crying yet?

The boy done good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
Has he started crying yet?

He is in the mixed doubles

It's not the same sort of same mixed doubles that I have played in.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:57:43 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

geoff wrote:
Has he started crying yet?

He is in the mixed doubles

It's not the same sort of same mixed doubles that I have played in.

Yebbut, if you invited youngsters from a school to act as ballboys and
girls in your type of game then you'd end up in clink.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
Has he started crying yet?

He is in the mixed doubles

It's not the same sort of same mixed doubles that I have played in.

He left his car keys at home ...

reminds me of the promises made by Jelena Jankovic to Jamie Murray
before they won the wimbledon mixed doubles

lucky, lucky boy

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , PA234
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
wrote:

geoff wrote:
Has he started crying yet?

He is in the mixed doubles

It's not the same sort of same mixed doubles that I have played in.

Yebbut, if you invited youngsters from a school to act as ballboys and
girls in your type of game then you'd end up in clink.

Unless you moved to Vatican city

another golden nugget the other night from QI - the age of consent there is
12.

Bingo!

"Our research has found that the main audience for QI is among
viewers who don't normally read books or newspapers but rely for
their knowledge of the world in general from snippets fed to them by
way of answers in television quiz programmes. Sometimes of course we make
mistakes - there was an example in 2010 for instance where Stephen
claimed that the age of consent in the Vatican was 12 years of age.
When this has been long recognised as an urban myth of uncertain
origin.
What was unusual about that example was that it was picked up on.
With the type of viewer QI attracts what usually happens us that
when Stephen Fry pronounces on some topic his audience are more
likely to accept it without question."

QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's own
purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do with it

For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's
own purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do
with it
For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

Providing they only live for a year, I think they live a bit longer than
that, although I'm not a marine biologist ;-)

A brief google says they live 10 years, so 100kg a year is probably
****table in a year, or 274g per day, depending on how they feel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
geoff wrote:
QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's
own purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do
with it
For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

Providing they only live for a year, I think they live a bit longer than
that, although I'm not a marine biologist ;-)

A brief google says they live 10 years, so 100kg a year is probably
****table in a year, or 274g per day, depending on how they feel

ive never seen em but they were nibbling or ****ting coral.

So Id say that's not unreasonable

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil L
writes
geoff wrote:

QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's
own purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do
with it
For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

Providing they only live for a year, I think they live a bit longer than
that, although I'm not a marine biologist ;-)

A brief google says they live 10 years, so 100kg a year is probably
****table in a year, or 274g per day, depending on how they feel

Sorry - a tonne of white sand / year

And yes, 10 years sounds about right

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
geoff wrote:

QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's
own purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do
with it
For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

Providing they only live for a year, I think they live a bit longer than
that, although I'm not a marine biologist ;-)

A brief google says they live 10 years, so 100kg a year is probably
****table in a year, or 274g per day, depending on how they feel

Sorry - a tonne of white sand / year

No. They are not THAT big, are parrot fish.

There's a constant stream of - **** - dribbling out the rear ends, but
not 3kg/day..

mind you that's only .03g a second.

An ounce a minute? Hmm It MIGHT just be possible

And yes, 10 years sounds about right

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
geoff wrote:

QI is always to be taken with a pinch of salt (unless it suits one's
own purpose). Not sure what reading books or newspapers has to do
with it
For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was also mentioned that a
parrot fish ****s a tonne of white sand. Thats 3kg / day in round
numbers ... I don't think so

Providing they only live for a year, I think they live a bit longer than
that, although I'm not a marine biologist ;-)

A brief google says they live 10 years, so 100kg a year is probably
****table in a year, or 274g per day, depending on how they feel

Sorry - a tonne of white sand / year

No. They are not THAT big, are parrot fish.

There's a constant stream of - **** - dribbling out the rear ends, but
not 3kg/day..

mind you that's only .03g a second.

An ounce a minute? Hmm It MIGHT just be possible

I have a couple of parrot fish

QI said, IIRC a tonne/ year

That's why I said factoids from QI were south side of reliable

I'm still wondering how the droid from the bbc would think that it's the
sort of information I might glean from a newspaper

droid from the BBC - I usually watch QI because it's better than the
****e on other channels at the time. which is not to say that the BBC
are, on the whole that much better

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 6, 12:38*am, geoff wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

geoff wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
geoff wrote:

[...]

QI is great entertainment but it's probably not a great educational
tool. It does however make me go and look up some of the things they
talk about, either to check their veracity or because it's sparked my
interest.

--
Halmyre