Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Protecting pub type table legs from rot

Some 25 years ago I scratch built a pub style table with the attached
bench seats, since when it lived outdoors in the weather. Eventually it
rotted at the four feet, which are in constant contact with the
concrete of the patio, sat in water. I built a replacement which I
finished yesterday and I'm just trying to think of some means to ensure
the ends of the legs are not sat directly on the concrete patio slabs.

My best idea at the moment is to drill a hole into each leg and fit a
steel bolt, so each leg is raised off the ground by the heads of the
bolts. The holes simply being a tight push fit for the thread of the
bolt. Has anyone got any alternative suggestions please?

We don't use the table so much for sitting at, but it makes for an
absolutely great bit of outdoor working space.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

protecting table legs in the wet torge conrad maguar UK diy 9 April 10th 07 04:06 PM
Table with curved legs tdup2 Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 March 31st 07 11:25 PM
Table legs jg UK diy 7 August 12th 05 09:22 AM
Cutting off legs of a table Dick Pewthers Woodworking 5 February 20th 05 06:27 AM
Where to buy folding adjustable table legs for my outfeed table Dick Snyder Woodworking 10 December 16th 04 09:25 AM