Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Protecting pub type table legs from rot

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Has anyone got any alternative suggestions please?

Flat bits of thick (5mm+ ?) acrylic plastic, or tile, or rubber, glued on
with silicone sealant?

A while ago I replaced rotten door upstands (at the narrow entrance to an
old air-raid shelter that's now used as an outside workshop) with new wood
which terminates about 3" from ground level (which is in an area that
attracts modest amounts of standing water), with small concrete upstands
below them. Between wood and concrete I inserted acrylic plastic slices,
glued in with sealant, so only when there's snow up against the upstands
would I expect the ends of the wood to be at risk from rising dampness. I
have no idea if it will work...

to replacing "aaa" by "284".