Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Audio spirit level source

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few years
ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any. Apparently I'm
told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds rather than leds so
were not so easy to put sounder onto.

So much for progress.

I have a talking steel rule.

Brian

Email:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:42:40 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few
years ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any.
Apparently I'm told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds
rather than leds so were not so easy to put sounder onto.

Here's one, Brian. Not very cheap. I did find others - the keyword seems
to be 'audible'.

http://www.conformuk.com/audible_spirit_level.html

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:46:41 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Yes I already ordered from them, they are out of stock and have been told no
more are being made.

There are some available --

Very small and short, clip-on, for a camera:

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Tripo...und::2783.html

And here a video (yeah, I know, but audio is informative) of contractor-grade
Stabila levels. These are not cheap... but they do have beeping electronics, and
look well-made with more features than most need.

http://youtu.be/uI3GYH_UT2I

And I found a German comapny that sell a small beeping spirit level:

(It's in German, sorry Brian, just for reference)
http://www.pabs-online.de/haushalt.htm
Phone for them, Telefon: (49) 0228/2 07 99 35

I'd say you have a sporting chance of getting someone wth a bit of English on
the line...

Blurb for the level, run through googles auto-translator:

New! Digital Level with audible signal
This compact digital spirit level made possible by the acoustic signal
horizontal and vertical measurements without sighted assistance. In addition, an
arbitrary slope than 0 degree line are determined. The water level is from a
continuous series of rapid beeps when the device is exactly in the horizontal,
the vertical or inclined position of the self-defined.
Other features: large, backlit LCD display, hold button to freeze the reading
and then reading in the reader, for example, measurement of slope or inclination
in degrees or percentages, resolution of 0.1 ° or 0.1%, adjustable alarm when a
predetermined angle, Automatic calibration after inserting the batteries, turn
the display on the overhead measurement, in addition, two classic horizontal and
vertical vials are available, cut sole with a large magnet.
Technical Data: Power supply via 2 AAA batteries, automatic shutdown after 3
minutes, Dimensions 235 x 56 x 17 mm, weight 248g, color silver.
Supplied with batteries, instruction in braille, by email or on request on
cassette.
Order Number H311
Price from us only 27,95 ‚¬ plus shipping costs from 5,00 ‚¬

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Try Googling 'audible spirit level' as there were some others.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:46:41 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes I already ordered from them, they are out of stock and have been
told no more are being made.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:42:40 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few
years ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any.
Apparently I'm told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds
rather than leds so were not so easy to put sounder onto.

Here's one, Brian. Not very cheap. I did find others - the keyword
seems to be 'audible'.

http://www.conformuk.com/audible_spirit_level.html

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes all the same one I think. I do wish people who sell stuff would keep
their web sites up to date. its very irritating to find things apparently in
stock, wade through the e commerce hoops and then get an email saying its
out of stock you will be mailed if ever we get them back.

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
Try Googling 'audible spirit level' as there were some others.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:46:41 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes I already ordered from them, they are out of stock and have been
told no more are being made.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:42:40 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few
years ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any.
Apparently I'm told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds
rather than leds so were not so easy to put sounder onto.

Here's one, Brian. Not very cheap. I did find others - the keyword
seems to be 'audible'.

http://www.conformuk.com/audible_spirit_level.html

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few years
ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any. Apparently I'm
told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds rather than leds so
were not so easy to put sounder onto.

Digital Level 600mm(SILVERLINE 456976)

Two Amazon stockist claim to have some.

Digipas http://digipas.co.uk/
make a couple with audio indicators such as the DWL 200 and DWL 280

Amazon have some suppliers
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digi-Pas-Tor.../dp/B0016Z1084

They also have the cheaper DWL100CWP which clips onto an existing
level and gives an audio signal at 0deg, 90deg and any held value.

TaraxTech in Dundee appear to be their UK agents 07825 041 403
they have an online shop at http://s235388225.e-shop.info/

four lines on a spirit level Dave UK diy 4 April 23rd 10 06:50 PM
What spirit level? dent[_2_] UK diy 14 September 19th 09 06:54 PM
Spirit Levels - was how level is level Jeff[_8_] UK diy 35 April 3rd 08 06:15 PM
Digital 'spirit' level Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 January 8th 08 06:29 PM
Spirit level question Mr360 Woodworking 9 July 20th 06 06:07 AM