Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ryobi -Expand It petrol pruner/ hedge trimmer (follow up)

I while ago I asked for feedback on Ryobi petrol 'expand it' system.

In general comments were fair ... I found a supplier on line that sold
guaranteed units ... catalogue returns.
I ordered the Ryobi 30cc pruner unit, (pole chain saw) with AFH04
articulated hedge trimmer, and expansion pole.
The individual items would be over £252 .. yet buying this route the
lost acme to £89 incl delivery.

What turned up was even better, they had run out of the standard 30cc
power units, and had substituted the electric start version.
It arrived brand new ... never been started.

Used it over w/end for first time ..... it starts superbly, touch the
button and it start effortlessly ... and with touch start means you are
more inclined to stop it when you moving etc.

The expansion pole meant I could hedge trim to 2.5m height, including
the 'flat top'

I was impressed with the chain-saw pruner ... it absolutely flew through
thick branches (3"+) of some oak tress I wanted to trim back ..very
effective.

So at least 'so-far' the Ryobi system gets a solid thumbs-up from me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
[...]

Could you share the name of the supplier, please :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2012 14:18, Rick Hughes wrote:
[...]

That mirrors my experience also. I've had a 30cc Ryobi strimmer for at
least 5 years now, and it always starts easily and works without issue.
I've had to replace the chain on the pruner attachment a few times now
through wear, but otherwise it is fine.
I also have the blower attachment, which is quite effective - especially
at terrifying the dog!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:
[...]

I use one as a light duty brushcutter on the farm. The touch start model. I
have another for use at home. They are little lightweight by comparison
with the real farming kit. This is appreciated by SWMBO. One battery pack,
on the home machine, failed and was a warranty replacement. No quibbles but
it was via Makro who don't often argue.

Aldi Petrol Hedge Trimmer (This Thursday) Syke[_2_] UK diy 0 September 6th 10 02:46 PM
Rechargeable hedge trimmers - can they compete with petrol ones? Mr UPVC UK diy 11 July 20th 10 12:42 PM
Ryobi Expand-It Hedgecutter - spare parts? Tim Watts UK diy 9 April 12th 10 10:21 PM
RYOBI Expand It kit Rick Hughes UK diy 9 October 20th 09 01:44 PM
Aldi petrol hedge trimmer: any good? Andy Mabbett UK diy 5 March 20th 06 11:03 AM