Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop/Tablet?

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Adrian C wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Irrelevant to what SCSI cards there were for the PC before the Mac
showed up.

Enlighten by naming the ISA SCSI card that you allege existed in 1983.

Or stand condemned as the idiot you are.

Adaptec made SCSI controller MFM bridge cards in 1983.

So thats blown you completely out of the ****ing water, as always.

Well no it hasn't

You've been caught lying, yet again.

No, I haven't. You OTOH and as usual haven't produced a shred of evidence
for your claims about PCs having SCSI before 1984. Or did you mean before
1979 - the year the Mac was "invented"?

Hard drives for the BBC Micro were built about those. I have a few.
http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...acb/acb-4000a/

Since when was a BBC micro an IBM PC

You were the only one slipping the letters IBM in and stupidly hoping no one
would notice you doing that, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

Wriggle, wriggle Wodders. Since when was the BBC micro referred to as a
"PC"?

While you are at it, perhaps you could explain what the Adaptec board in
question does?
Here's a hint. It's not what you think it does.

none of the rest of your furious digging down that hole thats fooling
absolutely no one at all worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

yawn

Someone wrote a bot to do that sort of **** Wodney. You can be replaced by
a monodimensional chatbot and no one would notice, or care.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 21/07/2012 11:15, Adrian C wrote:
On 21/07/2012 08:55, Steve Firth wrote:
Irrelevant to what SCSI cards there were for the PC before the Mac
showed up.

Enlighten by naming the ISA SCSI card that you allege existed in 1983.

Or stand condemned as the idiot you are.

(noted usual purile ****e from wodney, as always....)

Adaptec made SCSI controller MFM bridge cards in 1983. Hard drives for
the BBC Micro were built about those. I have a few.

http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...acb/acb-4000a/

SCSI started out as SASI (Shugart)

Surely SCSI/SASI had use in other computer systems before Apple. Unix?
CPM? Dunno.

Some Amiga examples from late '85 IIRC. Common on workstations of the time as well.

But these are not "PCs" as claimed by Wodney. My memory of the Adaptec
bridge board is that it was mostly used to bridge an MFM drive to SCSI and
that it was used to provide storage for Sun workstations. No doubt Wiggling
Wodney will now try to claim that Sun were making PCs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Adrian C wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Irrelevant to what SCSI cards there were for the PC before the Mac
showed up.

Enlighten by naming the ISA SCSI card that you allege existed in
1983.

Or stand condemned as the idiot you are.

Adaptec made SCSI controller MFM bridge cards in 1983.

So thats blown you completely out of the ****ing water, as always.

Well no it hasn't

You've been caught lying, yet again.

No, I haven't.

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying, again.

And EVERYONE has rubbed your nose in the FACT that SCSI
was seen on all sorts of other stuff before the Mac too.

You OTOH and as usual haven't produced a shred of evidence
for your claims about PCs having SCSI before 1984.

Didnt need to, everyone else did.

Hard drives for the BBC Micro were built about those. I have a few.
http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...acb/acb-4000a/

Since when was a BBC micro an IBM PC

You were the only one slipping the letters IBM in and stupidly hoping no
one
would notice you doing that, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull****
artist.

Wriggle, wriggle Wodders.

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying, again.

You also tried it with your stupid line about a PC
that came with SCSI from the manufacturer when
the original just said it was SEEN with the PC before
the Mac and so a third party card for the PC qualifys,
you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

none of the rest of your furious digging down that hole thats fooling
absolutely no one at all worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2012 17:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The
first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 21/07/2012 17:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured
SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The
first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

If someone posts a link to a PC with SCSI it will become a PC XT or some
other model.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 21/07/2012 17:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The
first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

If someone posts a link to a PC with SCSI it will become a PC XT or some other model.

If someone posts a link to a PC supplied before 1984 with SCSI rather than
to components and with suggestions that these "may" have been used then I
will be grateful.

At the present all Wodney has is bull****. As ever all you have is hand
waving, sneering and inventing things that have not happened.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

IBM PC is the term used commonly to refer to the IBM PC itself or it's
clones since it was fairly clear that Wodney was not referring to Amigas,
Nascoms etc.

Oddly I cannot find a post from you with a link as stated. Can you provide
a message ID and a date please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:19:59 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

"Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Jul 19, 2:06 pm, Steve Firth wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

[snip]

Macs had SCSI

But not before it had showed up on the PC.

Untrue.

Nope.

It's untrue, you are telling a lie.

Macs were supplied with SCSI on the mainboard from 1986 onwards.

There was SCSI on PCs before the Mac was even invented.

No there could not have been.

THere could well have been.

No there could not have been.

SCSI was ratified as a standard in 1986. There were no SCSI systems
before 1986.

SCSI chips, e.g. the NCR5385 launched in 1983, existed well before 1986
and may well have been built into PC systems.

Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured
SCSI before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none.
The first PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in
1994.

Which is wrong, because I bought one in August 1992. I still have it
somewhere.

Perhaps you can have a word with IBM about their poor record keeping then.
Either way, I'm sure that you will agree that 1992 was after 1984.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
[snip]

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying, again.

That's odd Wodney. The only one foaming at the mouth about "lies" is you.
The majority also seem to be laughing at you, not at me.

And EVERYONE has rubbed your nose in the FACT that SCSI
was seen on all sorts of other stuff before the Mac too.

Well again no. Two people have identified some SCSI components that existed
before the Mac, one chip and one bridge board. However that doesn't amount
to "all sorts of stuff" nor does it back up your still unproven claim that
PCs had SCSI before the Mac.

You OTOH and as usual haven't produced a shred of evidence
for your claims about PCs having SCSI before 1984.

Didnt need to, everyone else did.

Again, no they didn't. Not yet anyway. Besides which my question was to you
and you still haven't answered it. You made a very specific claim. So which
PC, which PC manufacturer and which card(s) do you claim existed before
1984? Or did you mean before 1979 the year in which the Mac was invented?
Please specify.

Hard drives for the BBC Micro were built about those. I have a few.
http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...acb/acb-4000a/

Since when was a BBC micro an IBM PC

You were the only one slipping the letters IBM in and stupidly hoping no one
would notice you doing that, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

Wriggle, wriggle Wodders.

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying, again.

I'm not the one claiming that the BBC micro is a "PC" Wodney.

You also tried it with your stupid line about a PC
that came with SCSI from the manufacturer when
the original just said it was SEEN with the PC before

No it didn't. You are telling a lie. What you said was "But not before it
had showed up on the PC."

A typical Wod tactic, lie about what you have said despite there being a
public record then make vague bull**** statements so that there's no
precise definition that you can be pinned down to. You have already tried
to wriggle and claim that the BBC Micro was a PC. Are you now going to
claim that if a PC and a bridge board incompatible with that PC were seen
at the same computer show that they were SEEN with the PC?

the Mac and so a third party card for the PC qualifys,

All you have to do is give the manufacturer and model number for that card.
So far all you have done is to spout drivel when cornered. A typical Wodney
trick.

you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

I've told you in previous posts that I'll permit you to answer by naming an
ISA to SCSI card that existed before 1984. So far all you have done is to
bluster and to appeal to others to help you. Why not admit that when you
blurted that PCs had SCSi "before the Mac was invented" that you were
bull****ting and no knowledge of PCs with SCSI or PC add on cards that
existed at that time?

none of the rest of your furious digging down that hole thats fooling
absolutely no one at all worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

No that chatbot definitely does better than you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote
dennis@home wrote
John Rumm wrote
Andy Champ wrote

Nothing like the original, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes
after I post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

If someone posts a link to a PC with SCSI it will become a PC XT or some
other model.

If someone posts a link to a PC supplied before 1984 with SCSI

Nothing like the original, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote
Andy Champ wrote
Steve Firth wrote

Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured
SCSI before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none.

Nothing like the original, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

The first PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in
1994.

Nothing like the original, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes
after I post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

IBM PC is the term used commonly to refer to the IBM PC itself or it's
clones

Irrelevant to how I used that term, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull****
artist.

since it was fairly clear that Wodney was not referring to Amigas, Nascoms
etc.

Even a pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist
should be able to do better than that pathetic effort.

Oddly I cannot find a post from you with a link as stated.

Thats because you have wanked yourself completely blind,
you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist/******.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:

Again, no they didn't. Not yet anyway. Besides which my question was to
you and you still haven't answered it. You made a very specific claim. So
which PC, which PC manufacturer and which card(s) do you claim existed
before 1984?

Or did you mean before 1979 the year in which the Mac was invented? Please
specify.

If one believes the history info in the wikipedia article on SCSI, at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI pre-1979 would be impossible. SCSI, as a
name for the develped SASI interface, doesn't seem to have surfaced until
1982. Consider also the dates of the ANSI standards documents for SASi and
SCSI.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Dear, dear Wodney you're all hot under the collar. Now you are snipping all
context from your reply. That makes a person look like a loser who can't
answer simple questions. This is what you ran away from:

I've told you in previous posts that I'll permit you to answer by naming an
ISA to SCSI card that existed before 1984. So far all you have done is to
bluster and to appeal to others to help you. Why not admit that when you
blurted that PCs had SCSi "before the Mac was invented" that you were
bull****ting and had no knowledge of PCs with SCSI or PC add on cards that
existed at that time?

Come on Rodney it's a simple thing to do. State which card and which PC you
had in mind when you made your statement.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
[snip]

IBM PC is the term used commonly to refer to the IBM PC itself or it's
clones

Irrelevant to how I used that term, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

Well no Wodney you and I and that mythical "everybody" know what sense you
used the term PC in. It was the everyday usage of PC to refer to a machine
based on the IBM PC and it's derivatives. Not the wider sense in which an
Apple Macintosh is a PC.

However since you had no evidence for your statement you are now
frantically flim-flamming about the definition of PC.

[snip]

Now, how about you providing a link to the PC model and card that you
allege existed before 1984, or was that 1979? You're not being very clear
here Wodney. What year did you have in mind?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
[snip]

If someone posts a link to a PC supplied before 1984 with SCSI

Nothing like the original, you pathetic excuse for a lying bull**** artist.

Have you got that on a macro key yet Wodney or do you not know how to do
that? I'd hate to think that you have to retype that garbage each time.
Your creative and unmarked editingo of the post that you replied to noted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2012 23:09, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/07/2012 17:43, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured
SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The
first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

Strictly speaking a "PC" as trademarked by IBM is a personal computer
using a Intel processor running DOS. All of what we now tend to call
"PCs" are, strictly speaking "PC compatible computers", and some of the
least compatible machine have been made by IBM...

Laptops that wouldn't install IBM's OS/2, for instance.

"On August 12, 1981, IBM introduced its new revolution in a box, the
"Personal Computer" complete with a brand new operating system from
Microsoft, a 16-bit computer operating system called MS-DOS 1.0."

The first commercial Apple was sold in 1976.

SASI was developed in 1978, and "disclosed" in 1981. The SCSI
specification was first published in 1986, so no computer before that
date could possibly have used SCSI.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
[...]

Admit that you just didn't have the right catalogue. And SCSI was
available as an option earlier than that - I fitted it to an earlier PS/2
the year before.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Have you got that on a macro key yet Wodney or do you not know how to do
that? I'd hate to think that you have to retype that garbage each time.
Your creative and unmarked editing of the post that you replied to noted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

You snipped this, unmarked Wodders.

Well no Wodney you and I and that mythical "everybody" know what sense you
used the term PC in. It was the everyday usage of PC to refer to a machine
based on the IBM PC and it's derivatives. Not the wider sense in which an
Apple Macintosh is a PC.

However since you had no evidence for your statement you are now
frantically flim-flamming about the definition of PC.

[snip]

Now, how about you providing a link to the PC model and card that you
allege existed before 1984, or was that 1979? You're not being very clear
here Wodney. What year did you have in mind?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
[...]

I fully admit I have the wrong catalogue. However it seems to be the one
that IBM refer to for their first implementation if SCSI as a standard fit.
Your anecdotal experience clearly trumps that.

However the issue was did PCs have SCSI before the Mac was "invented" or
alternatively were Apple slow in bringing SCSI to market?

Given that the Mac was invented in 1979, on sale in January 1984 and had
SCSI as standard in the year that the ANSI standard was ratified I'd say no
and Wodders is blowing it out of his arse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote
John Rumm wrote
Andy Champ wrote
Steve Firth wrote

Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured
SCSI before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none.
The
first PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

Yes I noticed the definition of PC suddenly got a bit tighter ;-)

Strictly speaking a "PC" as trademarked by IBM is a personal computer
using a Intel processor running DOS.

They never trademarked any such thing.

And even if they had done, thats got nothing to do with how *I* used that
term.

All of what we now tend to call "PCs" are, strictly speaking "PC
compatible computers",

Wrong again. Its also used as an acronym for personal computer.

and some of the least compatible machine have been made by IBM...

Laptops that wouldn't install IBM's OS/2, for instance.

"On August 12, 1981, IBM introduced its new revolution in a box, the
"Personal Computer" complete with a brand new operating system from
Microsoft, a 16-bit computer operating system called MS-DOS 1.0."

Irrelevant to how I used the term.

The first commercial Apple was sold in 1976.

SASI was developed in 1978, and "disclosed" in 1981.

That mangles the story on that last too.

The SCSI specification was first published in 1986, so no computer before
that date could possibly have used SCSI.

That is just plain wrong. NCR had a chip that could do it LONG before that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

If someone posts a link to a PC supplied before 1984 with SCSI rather than
to components and with suggestions that these "may" have been used then I
will be grateful.

Someone already has.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/07/2012 08:14, Steve Firth wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:19, Steve Firth wrote:
Then I'm sure that you or Wodney can identify which IBM PCs featured SCSI
before 1986. Or rather I'm sure you can't since there were none. The first
PC in the IBM catalogue which featured SCSI was the PS/2 in 1994.

I like the way "IBM" suddenly appears before "PC" two minutes after I
post a link to someone else's PC with a SCSI bus...

IBM PC is the term used commonly to refer to the IBM PC itself or it's
clones since it was fairly clear that Wodney was not referring to Amigas,
Nascoms etc.

Oddly I cannot find a post from you with a link as stated. Can you provide
a message ID and a date please?

Dunno about that but will this do
https://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/1ee815d474af083a/e4e54cdc57f25c16?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=computinghistory# e4e54cdc57f25c16

That's the search result from google groups for the keyword
"computinghistory" which was in my post of 19 July 21:17.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
[...]

Jings, well your OP still doesn't seem to have turned up on ES. And errm
you do note that (a) it's SASI not SCSI and (b) it's a CP/M machine.

So you're joining in with Rod's Humpty Dumpty approach?

BTW Wodney (I know you'll be reading this you obsessive ****nut) you
referred over and over again to "the PC" in this thread which shows that
when you claim that you meant any "personal computer" and not "the IBM PC"
you were telling porkies. Again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo
al-september.org, Steve Firth escribió:

"dennis@home" wrote:
If someone posts a link to a PC with SCSI it will become a PC XT or some other

model.

If someone posts a link to a PC supplied before 1984 with SCSI rather than
to components and with suggestions that these "may" have been used then I
will be grateful.

Seagate had an 8-bit (PC/XT) ISA SCSI card, the ST-01, but I haven't
been able to find out when it was first introduced.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just the pathetic
excuse for bull**** and lies that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

No matter how desperately you try to bull****, the fact remains,
my original

which "new hardware innovations" were Apple slow to take up?

USB, IDE, ATA, SATA, mice with more than one
button, keyboards with function keys, etc etc etc.

remains true and you havent managed to bull**** that away.

Yes, Apple wasnt as slow with SCSI as it was with that other
stuff, and it was in fact ahead of the field with quite a bit of
other stuff, particularly in the user interface area, particularly
with reasonably priced personal computer stuff, and left the
rest of the field for dead in some areas like the very minimal
user interface stuff like see with the ipods etc.

But they are also much worse in some areas, like even very
basic stuff like being able to change the battery easily etc.

Keep desperately digging that hole, child, you might actually
fool someone, sometime. You clearly arent fooling anyone in here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote

you referred over and over again to "the PC" in this thread

Just an abbreviation for 'the personal computer', ****wit child.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 22, 8:56*am, John Williamson
wrote:

SASI was developed in 1978, and "disclosed" in 1981. The SCSI
specification was first published in 1986, so no computer before that
date could possibly have used SCSI.

Rubbish.

Apart from the ones using the SCSI chips that had already been
developed by NCR, as has been pointed. The technology existed and was
in use *before* it was ratified as a standard, much like every other
computer standard.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 22, 10:13*pm, Steve Firth wrote:

NCR had a chip that could do it LONG before that.

What date did it go on sale Wodney?

1983 it seems.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

So when did these chips make it on to cards that could be bought and
plugged into PC [1] expansion slots, and thus used to control peripherals
with SCSI interfaces?

That's not really the issue.

And done so in a reasonably compatible way, so a monkey-user could buy a
card from vendor A, plug it in and fiddle with DIPS, IRQs, and other
PC-related rubbish, then buy the peripheral from vendor B, configure its
SCSI-id, connect it up, and have a reasonable expectation that it would
work as expected?

That's scheduled for next week/month/year.
Or never depending on what machine you are talking about.

This, and nothing else, is the point at issue.

The point at issue was someone's claim that Apple innovated SCSI.
Which is plainly untrue.