Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Shale gas. Donner und Blitzen!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HP4FP20120625

No wonder they are shutting down the Nucs!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

We are all doomed.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"harry" wrote in message
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HP4FP20120625

No wonder they are shutting down the Nucs!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HP4FP20120625

No wonder they are shutting down the Nucs!

If fracking is so safe then the companies will be happy to provide bonds
against contamination of drinking water right? After all, they'll never
need to pay out will they!

Given how scarce water can be given current weather patterns, it seems
bizarre that we would risk contaminating any source at all.

Paul DS.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Paul D Smith" wrote in message
"harry" wrote in message
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HP4FP20120625

No wonder they are shutting down the Nucs!

If fracking is so safe then the companies will be happy to provide bonds
against contamination of drinking water right? After all, they'll never
need to pay out will they!

Given how scarce water can be given current weather patterns, it seems
bizarre that we would risk contaminating any source at all.

Dunno, if the risk if very low, and we have a problem with the price
of easily usable fossil fuels, it makes a lot of sense to use them.

Particularly when a shortage of water usually just sees
a hose ban for a while etc.

OT Shale Gas. harry UK diy 1 April 27th 12 12:29 AM
OTish Shale gas UK harry UK diy 7 April 6th 12 09:44 AM
OT Shale gas inthe USA harry Home Repair 24 September 3rd 11 07:36 AM
Planting poles in shale? Toller Home Repair 4 March 30th 07 08:25 PM
REQ: Systron-Donner 400 Function Generator schematics Ian VK3YQN Electronics Repair 0 October 8th 06 08:37 AM