Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default X-post: Using PC to dial calls on mobile phone.

I've spent far to long on Google trying to solve this, including finding
others who have posted much the same question without getting a full answer.
So I'm asking the usual suspects for help, in the hope that someone has
already been there, done that, and can still remember how :-)

I have Skype installed on my PC and find it very useful to use with a
headset to make calls - easy hands free experience plus the ability to take
phone numbers from websites and plug them into the dialler. However the
calls do cost some money.

I now have a spanky new Samsung Galaxy S3 (which fills me generally with
techno-terror because it is too damn smart) which comes with an inclusive
call tarrif.

So I would like a Skype-style interface (which is very much like the dialler
interface on the phone, as it happens) on my PC which allows me to make and
receive calls on my PC using my mobile phone for the actual call.
[Connecting over USB or Bluetooth would work for me.]
[The Samsung Kies application doesn't seem to offer much more than
management of music and video.]

I can see loads of stuff about using the PC as a Bluetooth headset and
receiving calls, but I can't really pin down any dialler software.

Blue Soleil http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/S...010120001.html seems
to have something called cPhoneTool but the website is a bit 'English as a
Foreign Language' and it isn't clear to me that this does all that I need -
I have read comments which suggests that it is a dialler but you have to use
the mobile phone handset for the actual call (which seems a bit wierd).

This is something I would have expected to see in Freeware and paid software
on Windows and included somewhere in Linux.

Does anyone use such an application (free if possible)?

Normal PC is a Dell XPS M1530 running Vista 32 bit.
Bluetooth device shows as Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR

I haven't yet tried to fettle up the Bluetooth (or USB) to use the phone as
a Mobile Broadband connection so loads of fun to come.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

David WE Roberts (for it is he) wrote:

So I would like a Skype-style interface (which is very much like the
dialler interface on the phone, as it happens)

This is what I found when I googled 'bluetooth dialler':

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-.../Bluetooth-PC-
Dialer.shtml

Free 7 day trial of one. You've nothing to lose but your time. Although it's
not clear from the description what happens to the audio stream of the call,
ie does it go through the PC or stay on the phone?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:53:15 up 163 days, 21:26, 6 users, load average: 0.19, 0.25, 0.23

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alexd wrote:

David WE Roberts (for it is he) wrote:

So I would like a Skype-style interface (which is very much like the
dialler interface on the phone, as it happens)

This is what I found when I googled 'bluetooth dialler':

Or see if you can find a TAPI driver for Windows that will control an
Android phone over bluetooth, WiFi or USB.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know about the Galaxy, but my Nokia allows remote control via
Bluetooth [and possibly via USB] as an option when setting up a Bluetooth
device (e.g. one's car).

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message

[...]

Pretty sure the phone is up to it.
What I need is the PC software.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:31:23 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

So I would like a Skype-style interface (which is very much like the dialler
interface on the phone, as it happens) on my PC which allows me to make and
receive calls on my PC using my mobile phone for the actual call.

I too, was trying to find exactly that a few months ago, as my mobile
gives me free Vody calls and I have Skype headphones on the PC.
I had no luck that way round at all.