Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rip-Off Britain. Anyone tried to buy a fridge thermostat recently?

As per subject. My 2008 Liebherr fridge freezer needs a new thermostat
but the model I need doesn't seem to be available in the country, even
though it is made by Invensys (but at their factory in Italy). So much
for buying a german fridge for quality. Plenty of German sites seem to
sell it though.

Coolectric UK refuse to sell it to me directly because 'Health and
safety rules don't allow it '. What ********.

Anyway, what I need is a Ranco K59/L2622. There are no electronics in
this fridge, just 'good' old-fashioned electro mechanical controls. It
does have an internal resistor that the winter cool button connects to
and this keeps the light on dimly to stop the freezer section thawing
out when the room is below 18 degrees - which it is in my case because I
don't heat the kitchen (south facing in sussex, I rely on heat leakage
from the rest of the house to keep it warmish). For now I have connected
pins 4 and 6 and run it from a multi-segment timer.

I have had a look around the council tips but they won't allow anything
to be taken. Lots of other manufacturers fitted this model of t'stat
over the years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2012 10:50, Andrew wrote:
Ranco K59/L2622

No reason not to buy it in Germany:

http://www.ersatzteilbestellung.de/e...ANCO-K59-L2622

Single market & all that.

Phil.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:50:47 +0100, Andrew wrote:
There are no electronics in
this fridge, just 'good' old-fashioned electro mechanical controls.

But they still weren't capable of making it last more than four years
without breaking?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2012 13:19, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:50:47 +0100, Andrew wrote:
There are no electronics in
this fridge, just 'good' old-fashioned electro mechanical controls.

But they still weren't capable of making it last more than four years
without breaking?

Indeed. I bought this model because it was A+ and had no fancy
electronics. I was hoping that the energy saving would pay for it after
about 10 years. If I had to rely on someone coming to the house and
charging mega-bucks to fit a 20 euro part, then it becomes very
uneconomical, I might as well have kept the old clunker.

The point is that typing K59/L2622 gives loads of German sites, but sod
all in Britain.

To be fair, the fridge may be German but the tstat is made in Italy. You
can always tell because it says 'made in EU' on the thermostat body,
whereas if it was German it would say 'Made in Germany'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
[...]

Most electrical spares shops will sell you a K59 for about 20 quid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2012 12:15, Huge wrote:
On 2012-06-21, wrote:
[...]

ebay item number 220869977961

£4.70 + P&P. I've bought one from him.

I have seen that listing.

There are several models of the K59 thermostat and the one on that ebay
listing doesn't look like the L2622 variant. There are datasheets on the
Invensys web site that show the variant that I need.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
[...]

I've seen "Newcastle Brown" on a supermarket shelf labelled "Brewed in the
EU".

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2012 14:25, Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

No they won't. What they will sell you is a VT9 which is a generic K59
replacement. I need the /L2622 variant which has an internal resistor
that allows the bulb to stay on during cold weather and that keeps the
freezer section from thawing out. 'Modern' fridge freezers have an
internal heating panel that uses about 7 watts of power to achieve the
same end. This is (AFAIK) only an issue with Fridge Freezers that have a
single compressor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Buy the generic one and fit a resistor since you know all about it? or
Ring CPC as they have a large selection of white goods spares that don't
appear in the catalogue or online.
Buy the correct part from Germany?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Try these people:
http://www.hrponline.co.uk/hrp/FindUs.jsp?code=ma
Or try opening your wallet to a repair man.
If you don't like either of them, try go ****ing yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:37:04 +0100, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

If you don't like either of them, try go ****ing yourself.

That's always an option, of course.
I fail to see how it will control the fridge temperature, though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

For your education, "d-i-y" stands for DO IT YOURSELF.
If I wanted to pay someone else to do a simple 5 minute job,
I wouldn't bother posting here, would I ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
[...]

hello, have a look at my website www.appliancesparesonline.co.uk i have a large selection of miele liebherr fridge thermostats listed
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 07:27:04 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
As per subject. My 2008 Liebherr fridge freezer needs a new thermostat

hello, have a look at my website

As he needed the thermostat in Jun 2012 I suspect that one way or
another he has found a solution by now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:33:47 PM UTC, Davey wrote:
On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:14:36 +0000
Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 07:27:04 -0800 (PST), hotmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

As per subject. My 2008 Liebherr fridge freezer needs a new
thermostat

hello, have a look at my website

As he needed the thermostat in Jun 2012 I suspect that one way or

another he has found a solution by now.

You're probably correct. Another message that crept out of the crypt?

Maybe due to a corrupt date. Message cropped. Oh crapped, it all rhymes.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2013 15:27, wrote:
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

CPC sell 8 generic kits of thermostats - one of these probably will be
fit for purpose.

Description + cross reference table
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1513770.pdf

Search CPC for "white goods spares"
http://cpc.farnell.com/refrigeration...etResults=true

You could also compare the spec of yout thermostat on the Ranco site
with that of the equivalent on the Danfross site.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan" wrote in message
On 21/12/2013 15:27, wrote:
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

CPC sell 8 generic kits of thermostats - one of these probably will be
fit for purpose.

Description + cross reference table
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1513770.pdf

Search CPC for "white goods spares"
http://cpc.farnell.com/refrigeration...etResults=true

You could also compare the spec of yout thermostat on the Ranco site with
that of the equivalent on the Danfross site.

He could also have telephoned a company called HRP. They used to be trade
only but now deal with end users.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan writes:
On 21/12/2013 15:27, wrote:
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:50:47 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

CPC sell 8 generic kits of thermostats - one of these probably will be
fit for purpose.

Description + cross reference table
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1513770.pdf

Search CPC for "white goods spares"
http://cpc.farnell.com/refrigeration...etResults=true

Note that most of CPC's white goods spares are not in the catalogue
nor on the web. It's worth phoning them if you can't see what you
want.

You could also compare the spec of yout thermostat on the Ranco site
with that of the equivalent on the Danfross site.

--
Andrew Gabriel