Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repair broken clay pipe

I've noticed a missing piece in the clay pipe at the inspection chamber.

Whilst it's not the biggest piece broken, I don't believe I want my waste
water making the clay under my house any wetter.

Any suggestion as how to repair it (I don't really want to replace it)?

- fill with some sand and cement, maybe add some SBR as it will be wet
- line it plastic pipe
- any other ideas

cheers
gna
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2012 23:13, gna03633 wrote:
I've noticed a missing piece in the clay pipe at the inspection chamber.

Whilst it's not the biggest piece broken, I don't believe I want my waste
water making the clay under my house any wetter.

Any suggestion as how to repair it (I don't really want to replace it)?

- fill with some sand and cement, maybe add some SBR as it will be wet
- line it plastic pipe
- any other ideas

If you can get access to and end of it, then you can get rubber repair
collars that will cover upto 6" or so of damaged or missing pipe.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gna03633 wrote:
I've noticed a missing piece in the clay pipe at the inspection chamber.

Whilst it's not the biggest piece broken, I don't believe I want my waste
water making the clay under my house any wetter.

Any suggestion as how to repair it (I don't really want to replace it)?

- fill with some sand and cement, maybe add some SBR as it will be wet
- line it plastic pipe
- any other ideas

Milliput.

cheers
gna

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 19, 11:13*pm, gna03633 wrote:
I've noticed a missing piece in the clay pipe at the inspection chamber.

Whilst it's not the biggest piece broken, I don't believe I want my waste
water making the clay under my house any wetter.

Any suggestion as how to repair it (I don't really want to replace it)?

- fill with some sand and cement, maybe add some SBR as it will be wet
- line it plastic pipe
- any other ideas

cheers
gna

3:1 sand & cement, if it'll stay in place and you can prevent water
flow till its set.

NT

Clay waste pipe Jeff Thies Home Repair 9 February 27th 11 01:35 AM
Arrrgghh! cracked clay pipe Bitstreams UK diy 8 October 27th 07 07:35 AM
Leak at plastic soil pipe to clay soil pipe join Darren UK diy 2 October 12th 04 09:49 PM
Gluing 4" underground clay pipe Alex UK diy 3 September 27th 03 02:59 PM
Clay drain pipe cutting. tzd3sw UK diy 4 September 24th 03 02:24 PM