Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting tiles to make sockets fit

The thick daft **** of a tiler has not left enough space for the fused
spurs, socket and cooker switch to fit the back box.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0877.jpg

I was OK to chisel that one out (I chipped the tile away with no problem)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0880.jpg

I am not OK to chisel that one out as I think it will break the tiles as it
is two corners of a tile.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0886.jpg

Is how I left it. I did clear the bits of chipped tile away after the photo.

So if I do have to cut the tile (I have no intention of doing so ATM) then
what is the best tool to use?

--
Adam