Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Women

As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup.

We have dennise- a big girls blouse

Is uk.d.i.y the internet equivalent of a shed?

And there is always "sweetheart". She has a bigger beard than an Aussies
surf board. Not that her OH complains about it. It gives him something to
hang on to.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:34:27 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup.

We have dennise- a big girls blouse

Is uk.d.i.y the internet equivalent of a shed?

And there is always "sweetheart". She has a bigger beard than an Aussies
surf board. Not that her OH complains about it. It gives him something
to hang on to.

and Mary used to be here....

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup.

We have dennise- a big girls blouse

Is uk.d.i.y the internet equivalent of a shed?

And there is always "sweetheart". She has a bigger beard than an
Aussies surf board. Not that her OH complains about it. It gives
him something to hang on to.

and Mary used to be here....

She is still alive.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup.

We have dennise- a big girls blouse

Is uk.d.i.y the internet equivalent of a shed?

And there is always "sweetheart". She has a bigger beard than an Aussies
surf board. Not that her OH complains about it. It gives him something
to hang on to.

and Mary used to be here....

"Yvonne" posted a few days ago.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/11/2012 6:14 PM, Owain wrote:
On Jun 11, 10:09 pm, Gib
wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

Ms Anna Kettle was a valued contributor. Her website says updated in
2012 so we may assume she's still alive and happily pargetting.
http://www.kettlenet.co.uk/

I don't know if this was remarked upon at the time but she is the
first woman member of the Worshipful Company of Plaisterers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-master.html

And sometimes the ladies of uk.food+drink.misc wander in if they need
help with a stiff jar-lid :-)

I started lurking here long before I discovered uk.f+d.m!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:14:47 -0700 (PDT)
Owain wrote:

On Jun 11, 10:09Â*pm, Gib Bogle
wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Â*Is uk.d.i.y
the internet equivalent of a shed?

Ms Anna Kettle was a valued contributor. Her website says updated in
2012 so we may assume she's still alive and happily pargetting.
http://www.kettlenet.co.uk/

I don't know if this was remarked upon at the time but she is the
first woman member of the Worshipful Company of Plaisterers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-master.html

And sometimes the ladies of uk.food+drink.misc wander in if they need
help with a stiff jar-lid :-)

Owain

The impression given in that article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-master.html
"The art seemed to have been all but lost and Anna's attempts to track
down practising pargeters met with the constant refrain: "There was an
old boy, but he's retired now."
is that there are no pargetters left. Last year, we had our house done
by Bill Sargent:
http://www.pargetters.com/index.php

and there are others in East Anglia.

A little bit of spin there, methinks. Maybe if she spelled it properly
she might find them.
--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2012 11:20 a.m., Davey wrote:
The impression given in that article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-master.html
"The art seemed to have been all but lost and Anna's attempts to track
down practising pargeters met with the constant refrain: "There was an
old boy, but he's retired now."
is that there are no pargetters left. Last year, we had our house done
by Bill Sargent:
http://www.pargetters.com/index.php

and there are others in East Anglia.

A little bit of spin there, methinks. Maybe if she spelled it properly
she might find them.

Bill Sargent refers to himself as "Pargeter & Traditional Plasterer" ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
On 12/06/2012 11:20 a.m., Davey wrote:
The impression given in that article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-master.html
"The art seemed to have been all but lost and Anna's attempts to track
down practising pargeters met with the constant refrain: "There was an
old boy, but he's retired now."
is that there are no pargetters left. Last year, we had our house done
by Bill Sargent:
http://www.pargetters.com/index.php

and there are others in East Anglia.

A little bit of spin there, methinks. Maybe if she spelled it properly
she might find them.

Bill Sargent refers to himself as "Pargeter & Traditional Plasterer" ;-)

Both spellings are used extensively.

I have always understood it to be 'pargeter' and 'pargeting'

Which is the original French spelling.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 10:09*pm, Gib Bogle
wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. *Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

But they will be spying on us, no doubt of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No we have a shed newsgroup for that, but women post occasionally to both.
I guess it depends on what the mix of subjects are and whether its attention
grabbing or not.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Gib Bogle
writes
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

Here's one!
--
Ilene
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y
the internet equivalent of a shed?

And very few youngsters post here.

However I am not prepared to define young.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2012 00:20, Davey wrote:
.... snipped

there are no pargetters left.

.... snipped

Didn't one die last year by falling off a roof while trying to retrieve
a banner?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, Owain
writes
On Jun 12, 5:51*pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
Gib Bogle wrote:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. *Is uk.d.i.y
the internet equivalent of a shed?

And very few youngsters post here.

However I am not prepared to define young.

I am still young, but not a youngster.

I think in Usenet terms anyone under 60 is probably young.

A bit like morris dancing then

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nospam wrote:

On 12/06/2012 00:20, Davey wrote:

there are no pargetters left.

Didn't one die last year by falling off a roof while trying to retrieve
a banner?

I refuse to admit that I know what you're on about ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns writes:
Nospam wrote:

On 12/06/2012 00:20, Davey wrote:

there are no pargetters left.

Didn't one die last year by falling off a roof while trying to retrieve
a banner?

I refuse to admit that I know what you're on about ...

and for those who listen to More Or Less (Radio 4), there was
then the long discussion about how high the roof was, based on
the rather extraordinary long length of the cry as he fell...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Gib Bogle writes:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

We used to have KKKKatie, and what she didn't know about septic
tank regulations really wasn't worth knowing...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
and for those who listen to More Or Less (Radio 4), there was
then the long discussion about how high the roof was, based on
the rather extraordinary long length of the cry as he fell...

He was obviously sliding down the roof before popping over
the edge, innit.

How's the wine bar?

JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2012 22:56, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In ,
Gib writes:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

We used to have KKKKatie, and what she didn't know about septic
tank regulations really wasn't worth knowing...

And wasn't there a pargeter, some time ago?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anna Kettle

Gib writes:
As far as I can tell, no women post to this newsgroup. Is uk.d.i.y the
internet equivalent of a shed?

We used to have KKKKatie, and what she didn't know about septic
tank regulations really wasn't worth knowing...

And wasn't there a pargeter, some time ago?

Sorry, only skimming because just back from hols. I see Anna has already
been mentioned.