Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window closer stuck

I'm a bit puzzled re a window closer on some plastic dg. Its rusted
and siezed solid. I've got the window open, removed the handle and the
screws holding the metal strip along the bottom of the opening light,
but none of the metal of the mechanism then wants to budge anywhere. I
presumed the 2 strips along the bottom would drop drop out, but
they're showing no interest in moving anywhere. How are they meant to
come out, and how can I persuade them?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 4, 1:56 pm, NT wrote:
I'm a bit puzzled re a window closer on some plastic dg.

Install Linux instead

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 4, 1:56*pm, NT wrote:
I'm a bit puzzled re a window closer on some plastic dg. Its rusted
and siezed solid. I've got the window open, removed the handle and the
screws holding the metal strip along the bottom of the opening light,
but none of the metal of the mechanism then wants to budge anywhere. I
presumed the 2 strips along the bottom would drop drop out, but
they're showing no interest in moving anywhere. How are they meant to
come out, and how can I persuade them?

NT

Thanks for the assistance

NT