Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buy Power Tools Online

Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

God with a terrible pun in the name like that, what can one say?

I guess if you sold water bits and pieces for ponds and swimming pools you
would be Pool Britannia. Just watch out the co op bank might sue you about
the use of Britannia.

Brian

Email:

"Tool Britannia" wrote in message
Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out
http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Am 29.05.2012 13:10, schrieb Brian Gaff:
God with a terrible pun in the name like that, what can one say?

I guess if you sold water bits and pieces for ponds and swimming pools you
would be Pool Britannia.

They also sell an aluminium ruler.
So: Rule Britannia
SCNR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2012 14:05, Tim Watts wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

God with a terrible pun in the name like that, what can one say?

I guess if you sold water bits and pieces for ponds and swimming pools
you
would be Pool Britannia. Just watch out the co op bank might sue you about
the use of Britannia.

Brian

It reminds me of Tony B Liar and "Cool Britannia" and the makes me want to
spew in my macaroni cheese...

Not being negative or anything...

Put out more flags
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 29 May 2012 12:10:25 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I guess if you sold water bits and pieces for ponds and swimming pools you
would be Pool Britannia.

For spamming, it would be Fool Britannia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

Brian

Sadly the only association it has now for me is that grinning *******
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tool Britannia wrote:
Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk

Got to admire your nerve for spamming on usenet but.....
How about offering a sensibly priced worm drive circular saw.
There are a few guys over on UK woodwork who are looking for one in UK

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2012 10:35, Tool Britannia wrote:
Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk

I really think you lot are being unfair. The FAQ does forbid commercial
advertising - but it's not in the same place as the usual newsgroup
charters. And this is ON TOPIC after all.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 29 May 2012 10:35:46 +0100, Tool Britannia
wrote:

Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk

http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk/petro...-c/chainsaw-c2

takes us to ....an 18v Makita chainsaw without batteries/charger

oh dear, not just inept spamming then?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us would
make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are only
human.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
Brian Gaff wrote:

Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

Brian

Sadly the only association it has now for me is that grinning *******
--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

With respect to cool Britannia in this thread. the You Tube audio is crap, I
have a better audio version somewhere...

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Tool Britannia" wrote in message
Hi all,
Just a note to say that we are a new powertool company. we sell top
brand names like makita, bosch, festool, dewalt, milwaukee, fein and
loads more so check us out
http://www.toolbritannia.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 29, 10:58*pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

news
Brian Gaff wrote:

Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

Brian

Sadly the only association it has now for me is that grinning *******

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us would
make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are only
human.
Brian

True, but not the main point. But when someone decides to take away
basic human rights, they're never going to get any respect from me.
That I would never have done. I also truly hope Id have made more
effort to get a clue before enforcing bs policies onto people.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us
would make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are
only human.
Brian

That's easy - where shall I start...

He was a complete ****** who took us into 2 unjustified wars (Gulf War I was
justified IMHO as the Kuwaities were our friends (politically)).

Gulf War 2 was not justified IMO.

Even less justfified was the Afghan shenannigans.

I could go on - but the moral objections and the fact the tosser wasted an
unbelieveable amount of my money on those two little excursions of vanity to
the world stage makes me wish to see him banged up for war crimes.

Don't get me started on management of the economy under his "leadership".

The bloke was an all round complete **** and smarmy with it. I do not think
I have ever hated a PM as much as that insidious little grinning weasel.

Then there was all the Big Brother stuff - communications monitoring, ID
cards (another waste of money).

Then we could get on to the "little stuff" like Part P just to get back on
topic ;-

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote in message
On May 29, 10:58 pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

news
Brian Gaff wrote:

Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of
the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

Brian

Sadly the only association it has now for me is that grinning *******

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us
would
make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are only
human.
Brian

True, but not the main point. But when someone decides to take away
basic human rights, they're never going to get any respect from me.

Which basic human rights to you believe he took away ?

That I would never have done. I also truly hope Id have made
more effort to get a clue before enforcing bs policies onto people.

Big ask for any polly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2012 08:56, Tim Watts wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

And now he thinks he might become Pope if there's enough money in it. Pseud.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

And now he thinks he might become Pope if there's enough money in it.
Pseud.

Well at least he is supremely qualified for that position. Perhaps he could
boost his stakes by shagging some close relatives?
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
That's easy - where shall I start...

He was a complete ****** who took us into 2 unjustified wars (Gulf War I
was justified IMHO as the Kuwaities were our friends (politically)).

Gulf War 2 was not justified IMO.

Even less justfified was the Afghan shenannigans.

Given these were to support the US, do you *really* think any other likely
prime minister of a different political colour would have done otherwise?

I could go on - but the moral objections and the fact the tosser wasted
an unbelieveable amount of my money on those two little excursions of
vanity to the world stage makes me wish to see him banged up for war
crimes.

Don't get me started on management of the economy under his "leadership".

Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did very
well during the time he was prime minister, with continually rising living
standards. Unlike over the last few years.

The bloke was an all round complete **** and smarmy with it. I do not think
I have ever hated a PM as much as that insidious little grinning weasel.

Crikey. You make him sound almost as bad as Thatcher. Which simply isn't
possible.

--
*Middle age is when work is a lot less fun - and fun a lot more work.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News" wrote
Tim Watts wrote

That's easy - where shall I start...

He was a complete ****** who took us into 2 unjustified wars (Gulf War I
was justified IMHO as the Kuwaities were our friends (politically)).

Gulf War 2 was not justified IMO.

Even less justfified was the Afghan shenannigans.

Given these were to support the US,

The US didn’t need anyone's 'support' in either of those.

do you *really* think any other likely prime minister of
a different political colour would have done otherwise?

Irrelevant to whether another Labour PM would have.

The brown one wouldn’t have.

I could go on - but the moral objections and the fact the tosser wasted
an unbelieveable amount of my money on those two little excursions of
vanity to the world stage makes me wish to see him banged up for war
crimes.

Don't get me started on management of the economy under his "leadership".

Were you on a different planet at the time? The
average person did very well during the time he was
prime minister, with continually rising living standards.

But that wasn’t due to anything that Blair had anything to do with.

Unlike over the last few years.

Most of that was due to the policys of his govt.

The bloke was an all round complete **** and smarmy with it. I do not
think
I have ever hated a PM as much as that insidious little grinning weasel.

Crikey. You make him sound almost as bad
as Thatcher. Which simply isn't possible.

He was much worse, actually. She didn’t produce a complete
meltdown of the economy that had to see the banks bailed out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff spake thus:

And for drugs, Mule .....
Brian

Christmas gifts?

Yule Britannia.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff spake thus:

And for drugs, Mule .....
Brian

Bibs?

Drool Britannia.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2012 11:11, Scion wrote:
Bibs?

Drool Britannia.

Dennis?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
He was much worse, actually. She didn’t produce a complete
meltdown of the economy that had to see the banks bailed out.

And you are actually so stupid you think that down to Blair? Didn't think
anyone in the world was.

--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Don't get me started on management of the economy under his "leadership".

Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did very
well during the time he was prime minister, with continually rising living
standards. Unlike over the last few years.

Obviously you were.
The first few years it was just the continuation of the Conservatives
policies and as you say times were good for many.

Then it fell apart as people found they couldn't just keep borrowing.

There is also the minor issues like he caused the pensions crisis,
deliberately bankrupted rail track and British energy amongst others.
Swiped billions out of the high tech industries slowing down the countries
move to a better infra structure, etc.

The bloke was an all round complete **** and smarmy with it. I do not
think
I have ever hated a PM as much as that insidious little grinning weasel.

Crikey. You make him sound almost as bad as Thatcher. Which simply isn't
possible.

He was far worse than maggie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did
very well during the time he was prime minister, with continually
rising living standards. Unlike over the last few years.

Obviously you were.
The first few years it was just the continuation of the Conservatives
policies and as you say times were good for many.

Right. So by that reasoning, the current mess is just a continuation of
previous policies too?

But of course like all Tories you take the credit when things go right but
blame everyone else when they go wrong.

--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did
very well during the time he was prime minister, with continually
rising living standards. Unlike over the last few years.

Obviously you were.
The first few years it was just the continuation of the Conservatives
policies and as you say times were good for many.

Right. So by that reasoning, the current mess is just a continuation of
previous policies too?

But of course like all Tories you take the credit when things go right but
blame everyone else when they go wrong.

+1
Although I would say that it matters not which bunch is in power these days.
Your average bloke is guaranteed to be screwed up the bum.
We live on a diff planet to the politicians, leastways, they have little
clue (or care) about the average Joe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 29 May 2012 22:58:58 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us would
make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are only
human.

Maybe so, and for that, I can forgive anyone a lot.
But he was part and leader of the biggest bunch of control freaks the
UK has ever seen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the Regulatory of Investigative Powers act, the UK gold
plated version of the DMCA, the guilty until proven innocent legislation
on football hooliganism.

Then we could get on to the "little stuff" like Part P just to get back on
topic ;-

All the stuff aimed at screwing small businesses like section 660
(married couples business tax), IR35 and so on.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2012 17:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

My claim to fame...

I have a spare wardrobe in my garage that used to belong to Vivian
Stanshall's mum ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2012 16:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/05/2012 17:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

My claim to fame...

I have a spare wardrobe in my garage that used to belong to Vivian
Stanshall's mum ;-)

Did you find Terry's clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgLOv0YSeo

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News" wrote
Tim Watts wrote

The bloke [Blair] was an all round complete **** and smarmy with it.
I do not think I have ever hated a PM as much as that insidious little
grinning weasel.

Crikey. You make him sound almost as bad
as Thatcher. Which simply isn't possible.

He was much worse, actually. She didn't produce a complete
meltdown of the economy that had to see the banks bailed out.

And you are actually so stupid you think that down to Blair?

The demise of Northern Rock certainly was because his
crew were the ones that regulated the banks at that time.

NOT ONE of Canada's or Australia's retail banks imploded
completely or needed to be bailed out by govt.

Didn't think anyone in the world was.

Corse some countrys were with their bank implosion.

Iceland and Ireland were even worse than Britain in that regard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

I don't know what you have against him. He was just doing what he thought
was right at the time. I often wonder what sort of pigs ear some of us
would
make of running the country. Often I think we forget that they are only
human.

Maybe so, and for that, I can forgive anyone a lot.
But he was part and leader of the biggest bunch
of control freaks the UK has ever seen.

Not very surprising given the 7 July 2005 London bombings.

Only a fool wouldn't have done something after they had happened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did
very well during the time he was prime minister, with continually
rising living standards. Unlike over the last few years.

Obviously you were.
The first few years it was just the continuation of the Conservatives
policies and as you say times were good for many.

Right. So by that reasoning, the current mess is just a continuation of
previous policies too?

Well yes it is a result of the previous policies.
The current mess started before the last general election.
It was TB and Gordon that started those policies.
However if the current policies work we will get back to growth without
excessive borrowing which will last until the next labour government screws
it all up again.

But of course like all Tories you take the credit when things go right but
blame everyone else when they go wrong.

When exactly did things go wrong with the tories in charge?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
dennis@home wrote

Were you on a different planet at the time? The average person did
very well during the time he was prime minister, with continually
rising living standards. Unlike over the last few years.

Obviously you were.
The first few years it was just the continuation of the Conservatives
policies and as you say times were good for many.

Right. So by that reasoning, the current mess is
just a continuation of previous policies too?

Well yes it is a result of the previous policies.

Not with the bank implosions, that was entirely due to Labour policy.

The current mess started before the last general election.
It was TB and Gordon that started those policies.

Yep, particularly with the bank implosions.

However if the current policies work we will get back
to growth without excessive borrowing which will last
until the next labour government screws it all up again.

But of course like all Tories you take the credit when things
go right but blame everyone else when they go wrong.

When exactly did things go wrong with the tories in charge?

Oh, just a few examples of entire city blocks put the to the torch,
the Falklands, etc etc etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2012 17:13, John Williamson wrote:
On 30/05/2012 16:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/05/2012 17:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
Cool Britannia was not the invention of Tone, it was the invention of
the
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band back in the late 60s.

Go and check.

My claim to fame...

I have a spare wardrobe in my garage that used to belong to Vivian
Stanshall's mum ;-)

Did you find Terry's clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgLOv0YSeo

I had not heard that before.. ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
He was much worse, actually. She didn't produce a complete
meltdown of the economy that had to see the banks bailed out.

And you are actually so stupid you think that down to Blair?

The demise of Northern Rock certainly was because his
crew were the ones that regulated the banks at that time.

NOT ONE of Canada's or Australia's retail banks imploded
completely or needed to be bailed out by govt.

It may have escaped your notice but both those tiny economies are nothing
to do with the UK. Which is part of the EU.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

He was much worse, actually. She didn't produce a complete
meltdown of the economy that had to see the banks bailed out.

And you are actually so stupid you think that down to Blair?

The demise of Northern Rock certainly was because his
crew were the ones that regulated the banks at that time.

NOT ONE of Canada's or Australia's retail banks imploded
completely or needed to be bailed out by govt.

It may have escaped your notice but both those tiny economies
are nothing to do with the UK. Which is part of the EU.

Irrelevant to the FACT that it was banking regulation
and the lack of that that produced Northern Rock etc.

Not every major EU economy had to bail out their retail banks either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
It may have escaped your notice but both those tiny economies
are nothing to do with the UK. Which is part of the EU.

Irrelevant to the FACT that it was banking regulation
and the lack of that that produced Northern Rock etc.

So you're an expert in this too. Perhaps you should get a job as head of
one of those banks - be easy with your obvious qualifications.

Not every major EU economy had to bail out their retail banks either.

Not every major EU economy is involved international financial services to
the same extent as the UK.

--
*If God dropped acid, would he see people?