Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing line. In connection with "Women they are not thinkers arethey".

Can't really believe I am posting about this

Couldn't think of any specific post to reply to, so have used an
entirely different thread.

We have one of those retracting lines so we basically can't leave the
pegs on the line . The pegs are stored in a bag which clips on to the
line retraction mechanism bracket. The line is unrolled every time it
is needed, the other end is attached to a hook on a post (attached to
over the back's fence) it is wiped (surprisingly the line can get quite
grotty even coiled up) . The pegs are taken from the bag, which is hung
from the line, as needed .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2012 15:17, soup wrote:

Can't really believe I am posting about this

Couldn't think of any specific post to reply to, so have used an
entirely different thread.

We have one of those retracting lines so we basically can't leave the
pegs on the line . The pegs are stored in a bag which clips on to the
line retraction mechanism bracket. The line is unrolled every time it is
needed, the other end is attached to a hook on a post (attached to over
the back's fence) it is wiped (surprisingly the line can get quite
grotty even coiled up) . The pegs are taken from the bag, which is hung
from the line, as needed .

Is there a punch line coming, or have I missed something?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2012 15:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/05/2012 15:17, soup wrote:

Is there a punch line coming, or have I missed something?

Good. I thought it was me.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The wife came into the room at that point I imagine.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
On 28/05/2012 15:17, soup wrote:

Is there a punch line coming, or have I missed something?

Good. I thought it was me.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There are some issues with these devices though. Most are made of very cheap
plastic and sometimes badly painted metal for the reel in bit and mounting,
but they do not seem to offer them with a metal bar at the other end. So you
have four lines and a plastic bar with hooks to support it. What happens six
months in, the bloody plastic breaks and the lines come off. They are made
from one long line looped back and forth of course. So you then start making
all sorts of bodges to get the function back, as you know the next one you
buy will have the mounting holes in a different place etc.

The also have a nasty habit of the ratchet jammed knob popping out and
letting all the clothes fall down.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

On 28/05/2012 15:17, soup wrote:

Is there a punch line coming, or have I missed something?

Good. I thought it was me.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PS I've never noticed a washing line thinking, but how can one tell? It
might have come up with the answer to life, the Universe and Everything, and
then the peg broke.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"soup" wrote in message ...

Can't really believe I am posting about this

Couldn't think of any specific post to reply to, so have used an entirely
different thread.

We have one of those retracting lines so we basically can't leave the pegs
on the line . The pegs are stored in a bag which clips on to the line
retraction mechanism bracket. The line is unrolled every time it is
needed, the other end is attached to a hook on a post (attached to over
the back's fence) it is wiped (surprisingly the line can get quite grotty
even coiled up) . The pegs are taken from the bag, which is hung from the
line, as needed .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2012 15:17, soup wrote:

Can't really believe I am posting about this

Couldn't think of any specific post to reply to, so have used an
entirely different thread.

We have one of those retracting lines so we basically can't leave the
pegs on the line . The pegs are stored in a bag which clips on to the
line retraction mechanism bracket. The line is unrolled every time it is
needed, the other end is attached to a hook on a post (attached to over
the back's fence) it is wiped (surprisingly the line can get quite
grotty even coiled up) . The pegs are taken from the bag, which is hung
from the line, as needed .

Is there a punch line coming, or have I missed something?

....and then the Vicar came in and the parrot said......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Different type of device. I know the type you mean, hideous bits of
kit, sold for above the bath or somesuch. The type I mean is similar to
http://tinyurl.com/bwwha79 though not the same one , it is of the same
type (I shall try to describe it for you Brian it has a single line and
is meant for outside rather than one line bent into four and meant for
indoor use