Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gate

I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 26, 7:31*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

They don't make decent paint any more so he could be right.
It ALL seems to be **** these days.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 May 2012 21:26:57 +0100, harry wrote:

On May 26, 7:31 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish.. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

They don't make decent paint any more so he could be right.
It ALL seems to be **** these days.

That's because it's all water based. What happened to the stuff you needed turps to remove?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Q. What did the sign on the door of the whorehouse say?
A. Beat it - we're closed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

If its worth looking after, then Sadolin.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

If its worth looking after, then Sadolin.

Fine for pressure treated timber but NBG if already coated with varnish.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 May 2012 22:25:20 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

Only in bed.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for
a big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

If its worth looking after, then Sadolin.

Fine for pressure treated timber but NBG if already coated with
varnish.
regards

Tim,

I second John Rumm on that.

As a matter of interest, I've used Sadolin for more years than I can
remember on various outside jobs (including those previously varnished) and
never had a problem with it lasting its expected 5 year life - and that's
why I'm prepared to pay the £30 odd quid a tin for it.

This thread has just reminded me that my old 6' x 4' shed needs a new coat
of the stuff seven years after the last coats - must go to Rabart's
decorators merchants on
Monday for some, and then get SWMBO on the job painting it whilst it's fine
and sunny.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me..
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

They don't make decent paint any more so he could be right.
It ALL seems to be **** these days.

That's because it's all water based. *What happened to the stuff you needed turps to remove?

It has been determined that the volatile component is polluting the
atmosphere as it evaporates off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Cash
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?@?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.? .?.?.?.?.//.com.invalid
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
[...]

Yebbut...

When this farmhouse was *re-modelled* we specified pine windows that
would take a woodstain. In the event, the builders used standard Boulton
Paul windows which came with a sealed finish. The decorator duly slapped
on Sadolin Classic followed by two coats of Sadolin Extra. After less
than 5 years, the sunny side windows all needed re-coating.

I clad my barns with treated featheredge and expect a single heavy coat
of *Extra* to last 25 years. They will discount to £10.00/l if you buy
in big enough quantities.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

They don't make decent paint any more so he could be right.
It ALL seems to be **** these days.

That's because it's all water based. What happened to the stuff you needed turps to remove?

It has been determined that the volatile component is polluting the
atmosphere as it evaporates off.

Oh for Guinness sake.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"You might show me a little more respect" complained the coed as she and her date were driving back from "Lover's Lookout".
"Yeah?" asked the smirking boy, "Like by doing what?"
"Well, for starters, not flying my panty hose from your radio aerial."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:15:42 +0100, wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
[...]

Brick sheds don't need treatment :-)

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why was the "pap smear" called that?
If it'd been called the "**** Scrape," no one would ever have it done.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

I'd never use paint of varnish outside. Far better IMO are the products
that soak into the timber rather than form a surface coating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 May 2012 11:35:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish.. Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

I'd never use paint of varnish outside. Far better IMO are the products
that soak into the timber rather than form a surface coating.

Mr Pounder previously painted his car with HOUSEHOLD GLOSS PAINT.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Watch your back next week Sir, I will be in the North of England.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.weytdxz2ytk5n5@i7-940...
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish.
Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big
tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

I'd never use paint of varnish outside. Far better IMO are the products
that soak into the timber rather than form a surface coating.

Mr Pounder previously painted his car with HOUSEHOLD GLOSS PAINT.

30 years ago I did paint a Mk 3 Cortina with gloss paint. I used a roller
and it looked very good indeed.
Them were the days....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

Varnish is worse than useless in this instance.
It has a habit of blistering in the sun, then when it rains, these blisters
fill up with water, leaving black marks all over the timber and at the
worst, starting off the rotting process.

If it were mine, I'd sand off the old varnish and give it a few coats of
either sikkens or sadolin, sikkens is best for preventing sun damage, which
believe it or not is the prime cause of initial timber decay in the UK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It
takes two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who
constructed it for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give
it another lick of varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50
for a big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

OK So do you believe the opinions of a dickead?:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Watch your back next week Sir, I will be in the North of England.

Where?

The Peak District.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Friends are like condoms: They protect you when things get hard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 26/05/2012 19:31, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes two
people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it for me.
It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of varnish.
Not
that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a big
tub
will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

What does the panel think?

I'd never use paint of varnish outside. Far better IMO are the products
that soak into the timber rather than form a surface coating.

Mr Pounder previously painted his car with HOUSEHOLD GLOSS PAINT.

30 years ago I did paint a Mk 3 Cortina with gloss paint. I used a roller
and it looked very good indeed.
Them were the days....

I suppose on a Cortina.....

ROFL! Spellchecker said that should have said "concertina".

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

You know you're getting old when:
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.wey6wz0rytk5n5@i7-940...

Stay there. There is **** all there.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Friends are like condoms: They protect you when things get hard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It
takes two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who
constructed it for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give
it another lick of varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50
for a big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

OK So do you believe the opinions of a dickead?:-)

--
Adam

Opinion, not opinions.
I considered his opinion and then cast it down to the sodomites in this
group to wank over.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.wey6x3fwytk5n5@i7-940...

wrote:

[...]

Not on my spellchecker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgF6tNMUttk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Not fence paint then?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Watch your back next week Sir, I will be in the North of England.

Where?

The Peak District.

Stay there. There is **** all there.

It is full of scenery and looks as good as Scotland.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It
takes two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who
constructed it for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to
give it another lick of varnish. Not that it needs it but why
not? A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at
£2.50
for a big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of
varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

OK So do you believe the opinions of a dickead?:-)

--
Adam

Opinion, not opinions.
I considered his opinion and then cast it down to the sodomites in
this group to wank over.

A proper dickhead has more than one opinion:-)

That's my only opinion.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

So we can disregard every other opinion you've ever had in here then?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A young teenager comes home from school and asks her mother, "Is it true what Rita just told me? That babies come out of the same place where boys put their thingies?"
"Yes, dear," replies her mother, pleased that the subject had finally come up and she wouldn't have to explain it.
"But then when I have a baby, won't it knock my teeth out?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...

Don't be a thick ****. It's called humor. Pounder will get the joke.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Actually it's called humour. And yours was about as good as Pounder's.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Don't be a thick ****. It's called humor. Pounder will get the joke.

Actually it's called humour. And yours was about as good as
Pounder's.

Pounder is funny, I just laugh at you.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.wey9bhpbytk5n5@i7-940...

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have a very big and very heavy solid wooden garden gate. It takes
two people to lift it and is a credit to the man who constructed it
for me. It is 12 months old and I am going to give it another lick of
varnish. Not that it needs it but why not?
A certain dickhead has said that ordinary fence paint at £2.50 for a
big tub will do the job as good as a decent can of varnish.

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Watch your back next week Sir, I will be in the North of England.

Where?

The Peak District.

Stay there. There is **** all there.

It is full of scenery and looks as good as Scotland.

It is a desolate, godforsaken place. The Spider is in control there and has
been for many years.
If you use the Snake Pass or that other road which I have thankfully
forgotten the name of just watch it. There are speed cameras there and they
work.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went
nuts."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

This dickhead has a house of many mansions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Yes. Mr Pounder got the joke.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:

Do you take advice from dickheads?

--
Adam

It was not advice, it was the opinion of a dickhead.

Watch your back next week Sir, I will be in the North of England.

Where?

The Peak District.

Stay there. There is **** all there.

It is full of scenery and looks as good as Scotland.

It is a desolate, godforsaken place.

You silly city slicker.

The Spider is in control there and has been for many years.

There were less spiders there last time I went than there are in my back garden.

If you use the Snake Pass or that other road which I have thankfully
forgotten the name of just watch it.

Yes the snake pass will be one of the roads used. I have been along it before.

There are speed cameras there and they
work.

It won't be me driving and she never speeds.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What's the most sensitive part of your anatomy when you are masturbating?
Your ears.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 May 2012 19:10:53 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Don't be a thick ****. It's called humor. Pounder will get the joke.

Actually it's called humour. And yours was about as good as
Pounder's.

Pounder is funny, I just laugh at you.

When Pounder is funny, he doesn't mean to be.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.weza85c4ytk5n5@i7-940...

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Peter.
Go **** yourself.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You just ****ed up your punchline.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Aren't you going to service me any more?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The average HB pencil can draw a line 4 miles long.

Gate braces. Which way should they be cut? Mike Barnard UK diy 19 April 28th 10 11:15 AM
gate latch bof UK diy 5 September 4th 06 06:42 PM
SWINGING GATE J T Woodworking 0 August 31st 06 04:44 AM
Gate fastening Jim Scott UK diy 10 June 20th 05 07:36 PM
No sag gate? Gino Woodworking 17 December 4th 04 06:33 PM