Simon

Default New Yankee Workshop Yahoo Group

I have started a Yahoo Group called TheNewYankeeWorkshop. I hope you will
join and upload your pictures.

Thank you for reading

Simon
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thenewyankeeworkshop/

Michael Mcneil

"Simon" wrote in message

I have started a Yahoo Group called TheNewYankeeWorkshop. I hope you will
join and upload your pictures.

I have it bookmarked thanks for the invite and good luck.

By the way, you will need to have a section on how to post pictures, cut
down their loading times and etc.

My main problem with the sort of techniques the man employs is that he
uses too many tools. There is a post here about a fancy gauge, for
marking all sorts of angles. I have never ever seen one used, in all the
decades I have been in the trade.

The nearest I havecome to it was a tutor using a sliding feeler gauge to
set up a spindle moulder. It was quite a useful tool for the one offs we
used it for and more especially in view of the fact we were all learning
about setting it up etc. Mind you that was in prison so what kind of a
man would want to work in such an environment I leave to your
imaginations. He was a tidy joiner and a great lad by the way. So cast
no aspersions.

John Stumbles

"Simon" wrote in message
I have started a Yahoo Group called TheNewYankeeWorkshop. I hope you will
join and upload your pictures.

Ah yes, Yankees, those were the days! The original cordless power-driver :-)
No respectable chippie would be seen dead without one.

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

PoP

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:28:15 -0000, "John Stumbles"
] wrote:

Ah yes, Yankees, those were the days! The original cordless power-driver :-)
No respectable chippie would be seen dead without one.

The ones with the various bits in the handle were they not? I think
I've still got one or two in my garage.....

PoP

BigWallop

] wrote:

Ah yes, Yankees, those were the days! The original cordless power-driver

:-)
No respectable chippie would be seen dead without one.

The ones with the various bits in the handle were they not? I think
I've still got one or two in my garage.....

PoP

Still got my two. One long sash driver and a smaller hinge driver. Also
got the original drill bit holder and bits up to 6mm. The original cordless
driver as you say PoP. :-))

Meet Norm Abram from The New Yankee Workshop PoP UK diy 4 October 15th 03 08:40 PM
Garage / workshop tzd3sw UK diy 2 September 18th 03 06:46 PM
Garage / workshop inner walls Kris UK diy 6 July 30th 03 11:41 PM