Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Router Spares

I wonder if someone here could help me please if they have recently bought
one of the Aldi PBF 1200 electric routers?

I am looking to buy some spares [1] from the Aldi agents (at
www,servotool.nl) for a router (same model no. as above) that I bought in
2006 - but their email spares enquiry form refuses to accept my request, as
the ART.No. PRM 6014 is not recognised as valid (probably due to the age of
the thing).

As the parts that I want look similar on both the newer and later models I
would be grateful if you could supply the newer version of the ART.No (which
is found on a plate on the router) and post it here please.

[1] The part[s] that I require form the Spindle Locking Assembly (Item 7
in Fig A1 in the user manual). The fixed cap on the assembly has parted
company with the locking bar which allowed the enclosed spring to fly off to
parts unknown in the workshop.

A temporary repair has been done with a couple of circlips and a recycled
spring just to stop things rattling around and causing mayhem to the spindle
but that's a little rocky at the moment and a permanent repair is needed.

Many thanks

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 13, 10:24*pm, "Cash"
wrote:
[...]

Have you tried calling the UK agents Omega Wolf on 08707 353500 ?
They were very helpful when I once had occasion to phone them,
although they're possibly no longer around as one of Aldi's service
agents went bust a while ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
On May 13, 10:24 pm, "Cash"
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply mike.

I am awaiting a reply from an email I sent them on Sunday night.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
On May 13, 10:24 pm, "Cash"
wrote:
[...]

Mike, you are unfortunately correct with your 'went bust' statement, my
email bounced back to me today as undeliverable and a quick check on
dogpile.co.uk shows that Omega Wolf stopped trading in 2010.

Ah well, the temporary repair will have to become permanent.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 15, 7:11*pm, "Cash"
wrote:
mike wrote:
On May 13, 10:24 pm, "Cash"
wrote:
[...]

Cash,

I've found a number for Aldi's new service agents on the manual for my
Fein clone:

Circuit Tech Ltd, Unit1/9 Stanley Mill, Kirkebrok Rd, Deane, Bolton
BL3 4JE Tel. 0905 1460005 (£0.06 per minute)

but before you phone them, isn't the part you want item 302113 on this
page:

http://www.servotool.eu/index.php?p=...S&id=PR M6014

€1.95 for the item, €8.95 P&P !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 15, 9:04*pm, mike wrote:
On May 15, 7:11*pm, "Cash"
wrote:

mike wrote:
On May 13, 10:24 pm, "Cash"
wrote:
[...]

http://www.servotool.eu/index.php?p=...&prod=ROUTERS&...

€1.95 for the item, *€8.95 P&P *!

Circuit Tech: geographic number 01204 659606 9-5 Mon-Fri

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mathew Newton wrote:
On Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:24:22 PM UTC+1, Cash wrote:
I wonder if someone here could help me please if they have recently
bought one of the Aldi PBF 1200 electric routers?

I am looking to buy some spares [1] from the Aldi agents (at
www,servotool.nl) for a router (same model no. as above) that I
bought in 2006 - but their email spares enquiry form refuses to
accept my request, as the ART.No. PRM 6014 is not recognised as
valid (probably due to the age of the thing).

Hi Cash,

Not sure where you're looking, but here's the spares page for your
router:

http://www.servotool.eu/index.php?p=...S&id=PR M6014

It's worth looking at the spares for their other models too as there
are many common parts across the range but they're not always listed
on all the lists for each model.

I've bought some spares from them in the past but I seem to recall
postage was quite pricey and I'm not sure I'd use them again.

Mathew

Mathew, thanks for the reply.

I've had the router for about six years and ordered (listed) spares for it
before, but when a looked there on Sunday, I knew what I wanted from the
diagram in my Users Manual, and as the items weren't listed in their
available 'spares list' for that router, I used their Contact form to make
an enquiry about what I want, and to do this, (along with all the other
details) I had to insert the PRM number - which this time, was rejected as
'not available on their database', hence the query regarding the PRM Number
on newer machines here.

Cash