Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Sandy Heath

On 22/04/2012 17:23, Mark Carver wrote:
Fred wrote:
I believe all nearby DSOs are now done.
So why do we have to wait months for high power on the COM
multiplexes? No prob on the main TV, but the kitchen, etc could use
the high power.
Also a channel change. Strangely the channel to go was an original
Sandy analog channel.
Maybe a final tidying up ?

The final stage is for two of the COM muxes to move, and for COM 4 to go
high power.

COM 4 is on the old BBC 1 analogue allocation of Ch 31, that will move
to Ch 51 at high power, but can't until May, when Heathfield's low power
COM 6 mux vacates that allocation

COM 5 at Sandy, on Ch 67 can't move to Ch 52, until Heathfield ditches
analogue BBC 2 on that allocation.

Although COM 6 at Sandy (Ch 48) already shares with low power COM 4 at
Heathfield, so they don't seem fussed about mutual interference there
(That will move to Ch 42 in May at Heathfield though).

Just crossposting this to uk.d-i-y since it answers a question there...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
[...]

Thank you. I think. )

There is more on this thread back in uk.tech.digital-tv BTW...

--
Cheers,

John.