Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slice of Pi?

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:50:30 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

'Soon' apparently being August (unspecified year) for those that
didn't order in the first 30 minutes.

Pity because I had a 'worlds first' use for one in June that looks
like its no-go now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Other
Mike escribió:

Pity because I had a 'worlds first' use for one in June that looks
like its no-go now.

Plenty of alternatives - Beagleboard, Arduino come to mind.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:39:53 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , The Other
Mike escribió:

Pity because I had a 'worlds first' use for one in June that looks
like its no-go now.

Plenty of alternatives - Beagleboard, Arduino come to mind.

Despite using Arduinos for years I wouldn't call them an alternative.

A Beagleboard at 5 times the cost of a Raspberry Pi (or 20+ times the
price of an Arduino Pro Mini) is just way too expensive for what might
be a disposable one off application.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

'Soon' apparently being August (unspecified year) for those that
didn't order in the first 30 minutes.

Another similarity to the BBC Micro then. I pre-ordered mine the almost
moment they were announced, but they stopped taking orders very soon
after that. My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Nightjar
escribió:

My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Which issue PCB did you get?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2012 08:56, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículoFpKdna9cJuGGhBDSnZ2dnUVZ8vednZ2d@giganews .com, Nightjar
escribió:

My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Which issue PCB did you get?

Linear PSU & overheating ULA?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Adrian C
escribió:

Linear PSU & overheating ULA?

Yep. Black PSU and crappy heatsink on video ULA that fell off if you so
much as looked at it...

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Which issue PCB did you get?

Even if I ever looked, it is not something I would be likely to remember
30 years later. I simply recall that the serial number was in the 9000s
and that, for a while, I was one of the very few non-school customers to
get one.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Which issue PCB did you get?

Even if I ever looked, it is not something I would be likely to remember
30 years later. I simply recall that the serial number was in the 9000s
and that, for a while, I was one of the very few non-school customers to
get one.

I thought lots of non school customers bought a bbc micro -- like me.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

'Soon' apparently being August (unspecified year) for those that
didn't order in the first 30 minutes.

Another similarity to the BBC Micro then. I pre-ordered mine the almost
moment they were announced, but they stopped taking orders very soon
after that. My Model B was part of the first 10,000 made.

Hope they don't follow the same track on problems for early adopters -
mmm, OS 0.1.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
Clive George escribió:

Hope they don't follow the same track on problems for early adopters -
mmm, OS 0.1.

I have "OS EPROM 0.10" on disc somewhere :-)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

Several on eBay right now if you really can't wait..

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 17, 9:01*am, Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

Several on eBay right now if you really can't wait..

People are paying £200+ ?!? In the name of sanity...

--
Halmyre
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2012 11:05, Halmyre wrote:
On Apr 17, 9:01 am, Gordon wrote:
In articleO6mdneMyTJu4CRHSnZ2dnUVZ8rmdn...@brightvie w.co.uk,
John wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

Several on eBay right now if you really can't wait..

People are paying £200+ ?!? In the name of sanity...

At that money, it might be worth selling mine ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

Several on eBay right now if you really can't wait..

People are paying £200+ ?!? In the name of sanity...

At that money, it might be worth selling mine ;-)

Has anyone actually *got* one yet?
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Sounds like they might show up soon!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/16/raspberry_pi/

Several on eBay right now if you really can't wait..

People are paying £200+ ?!? In the name of sanity...

At that money, it might be worth selling mine ;-)

Has anyone actually *got* one yet?

Yes. On the OWFS (One-wire bus) mailing list several people have
reported that they have actually received their Pi at last.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2012 10:35, Mark wrote:

People are paying £200+ ?!? In the name of sanity...

At that money, it might be worth selling mine ;-)

Has anyone actually *got* one yet?

Is there a 'Use Before' or 'Best Enjoyed Before' date for Rasberry Pi?

I'm waiting for the hype to vanish...

--
Adrian C