Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default short lengths of singles for conduit

Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles (brown, blue, green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need about 2 metres of each. I cannot find anywhere that does cut lengths.
B&Q used to have if on a roll years ago, but no longer.
I can run some TWE through but its much easier at the other end (an external socket) with singles.

Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
10544532.543.1334365102539.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbue17,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles (brown, blue,
green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need about 2 metres of each. I
cannot find anywhere that does cut lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll
years ago, but no longer. I can run some TWE through but its much easier
at the other end (an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E and put
sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles (brown, blue,
green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need about 2 metres of each. I
cannot find anywhere that does cut lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll
years ago, but no longer. I can run some TWE through but its much easier
at the other end (an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E and put
sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Is it OK to use stripped TWE inside conduit ?
I assumed the insulation had to be thicker on singles without a second outside jacket ?
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles
(brown, blue, green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need
about 2 metres of each. I cannot find anywhere that does cut
lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll years ago, but no longer.
I can run some TWE through but its much easier at the other end
(an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E and
put sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Is it OK to use stripped TWE inside conduit ?

Yes

I assumed the insulation had to be thicker on singles without a
second outside jacket ?

It's the same stuff. Just not wrapped in grey PVC:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles (brown, blue,
green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need about 2 metres of each. I
cannot find anywhere that does cut lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll
years ago, but no longer. I can run some TWE through but its much easier
at the other end (an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E and put
sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Is it OK to use stripped TWE inside conduit ?
I assumed the insulation had to be thicker on singles without a second outside jacket ?

That's where the conduit comes in ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles (brown, blue,
green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need about 2 metres of each. I
cannot find anywhere that does cut lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll
years ago, but no longer. I can run some TWE through but its much easier
at the other end (an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E and put
sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Is it OK to use stripped TWE inside conduit ?
I assumed the insulation had to be thicker on singles without a second outside jacket ?

That's where the conduit comes in ;-)

I was now going to say, "I thought ..." and "I realise that ...", but its time to shut up !

Thanks guys,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get short lengths of 4mm^2 singles
(brown, blue, green/yellow) for use in conduit ? I only need
about 2 metres of each. I cannot find anywhere that does cut
lengths. B&Q used to have if on a roll years ago, but no
longer. I can run some TWE through but its much easier at the
other end (an external socket) with singles.

TLC only do 6mm upwards. Why not strip the sheath off some T&E
and put sleeving over teh earth?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Is it OK to use stripped TWE inside conduit ?
I assumed the insulation had to be thicker on singles without a
second outside jacket ?

That's where the conduit comes in ;-)

I was now going to say, "I thought ..." and "I realise that ...", but
its time to shut up !

It would be better if you used some 6491X cable for the earth and not the
earth from the T&E with earth sleeving over it.

--
Adam