redtag

Default Opening the alarm power box

I want to open the alarm power box to look at the battery and charger, and I
know there will be a tamper switch. When the alarm sounds do I just enter my
master code and it will silence and all will be well? Or is there a lower
level code needed (eg; an engineering code)?

My panel is a Median manufactured by Castle Care-Tech Ltd. The manual is not
clear on what will happen, and I want to check before I spoil my neighbours
Saturday afternoon!
Thanks

Dave Plowman

In article 1068297241.850433@sj-nntpcache-3,
redtag wrote:
My panel is a Median manufactured by Castle Care-Tech Ltd. The manual is
not clear on what will happen, and I want to check before I spoil my
neighbours Saturday afternoon!

Don't know your model, but most have two manuals - operating and
installation. An operating one is unlikely to give the engineering codes.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Biscuit

You need to find out if the engineer set the 'reset code option' to enabled.

Best thing to do is enter your code and see if settings such as exit time,
test zones etc can be changed. If they are your code is the engineer/master
code and this should be able to reset a trigger if the panel front is
removed.

If not you'll trigger the alarm and may need to call an engineer to reset.
For a service eng this could cost about £50!!!!

"redtag" wrote in message
I want to open the alarm power box to look at the battery and charger, and

know there will be a tamper switch. When the alarm sounds do I just enter

my
master code and it will silence and all will be well? Or is there a lower
level code needed (eg; an engineering code)?

My panel is a Median manufactured by Castle Care-Tech Ltd. The manual is

not
clear on what will happen, and I want to check before I spoil my

neighbours
Saturday afternoon!
Thanks

BigWallop

"redtag" wrote in message
I want to open the alarm power box to look at the battery and charger, and

know there will be a tamper switch. When the alarm sounds do I just enter

my
master code and it will silence and all will be well? Or is there a lower
level code needed (eg; an engineering code)?

Did you fit the panel youself ? If not, you won't have the exact engineer
code that has been set to place the panel in the engineer mode you need to
open it without causing an unsetable tamper fault.

My panel is a Median manufactured by Castle Care-Tech Ltd. The manual is

not
clear on what will happen, and I want to check before I spoil my

neighbours
Saturday afternoon!
Thanks

Call your alarm engineer.

redtag

Thanks Guys.

So the conclusion is that I will set off an alarm that will need the
engineer code, and my "master" code will not reset it? Correct? I did not
install the alarm.

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"redtag" wrote in message
[...]

BigWallop

"redtag" wrote in message
Thanks Guys.

So the conclusion is that I will set off an alarm that will need the
engineer code, and my "master" code will not reset it? Correct? I did not
install the alarm.

An engineer code is needed before you open the main control panel. If you
open the panel without it you'll activate a tamper fault which your master
code will only silence and should not reset.

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"redtag" wrote in message
[...]

ARWadsworth

"Biscuit" wrote in message
You need to find out if the engineer set the 'reset code option' to

enabled.

Best thing to do is enter your code and see if settings such as exit time,
test zones etc can be changed. If they are your code is the

engineer/master
code and this should be able to reset a trigger if the panel front is
removed.

If not you'll trigger the alarm and may need to call an engineer to reset.
For a service eng this could cost about £50!!!!

You could replace the panel for £50 and set your own engineer code. Have a
look at http://groups.msn.com/UKSecurityPanels for more info on your alarm.

--
Adam