Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The nextdoor neighbour is moving - paving slabs makes it DIY:-)

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The nextdoor neighbour is moving - paving slabs makes it

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:49:09 +0100, ARWadsworth
wrote:

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

forethought?

Stick em on ebay?

wonder who's next?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

forethought?

Stick em on ebay?

wonder who's next?

Might be some "superbint".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:59:55 +0100, brass monkey wrote:

news

****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

forethought?

Stick em on ebay?

wonder who's next?

Might be some "superbint".

time for some new cameras?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
news
wrote:

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate
**** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

forethought?

Stick em on ebay?

wonder who's next?

Might be some "superbint".

No, it's probably ARW frightening em off - he just wants to wash under his
armpits a bit more often that's all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Unbeliever" wrote in message
brass monkey wrote:
news
wrote:

I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate
**** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

forethought?

Stick em on ebay?

wonder who's next?

Might be some "superbint".

No, it's probably ARW frightening em off - he just wants (superbint to) to
wash under her armpits a bit more often that's all.

^^^^^^^^ Corrected ^^^^^^^

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 11, 9:49*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2012 09:39, harry wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm,
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.

The road to court is paved with good intentions. ;-)

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.

The road to court is paved with good intentions. ;-)

Should that not be: The road to court is paved with poor slabs?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Moonraker
writes
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.

The road to court is paved with good intentions. ;-)

Should that not be: The road to court is paved with poor slabs?

You're both wrong, it's in the back of some pikey's van

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:39:07 -0700, harry wrote:

On Apr 11, 9:49Â*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the
ultimate **** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.

But that can be varied in the contract.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:39:07 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

He will probably have to bring them back if the new owner kicks up a
fuss.
It's quite strictly laid down what you can take and what you can't.

Frankly, the new owner would want to put something better in, if at
all. Perhaps he/she/it wants a garden.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:37:13 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:
My new neighbours will be a couple with one child AFAIK.

He is a plasterer. He could come in handy-)

For when you cut your finger? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

Repo?
Expect some crashing and banging from next door.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 11, 9:49*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

Certainly, I've heard of them removing light fittings, door handles, bulbs
and in one case a couple of doors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the
ultimate **** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

bulb holders, leaving just a pair of bare wires - seen it

Chris

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , charles
writes
In article
,
wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly
laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the
ultimate **** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

bulb holders, leaving just a pair of bare wires - seen it

"I've left the bathroom cabinet - I couldn't get it off the wall"

(Ah, that's what that ****ty black box is, hanging off the wall at 30
degrees)

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2012 11:55, wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm,
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were "roughly laid"
on his driveway into a van and taking them with him is the ultimate ****
take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

When looking for our first house, we looked at one which had a warning
notice in the fireplace - "don't turn on the gas"

The previous owners had not only taken every lightswitch and fitting,
they had removed an inset gas fire, by cutting through the pipework on
the supply side of the gas point, rather than uncoupling it from the point!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 13/04/2012 11:55,
wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm,
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were
"roughly laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with
him is the ultimate **** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the
drive. --
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told
us that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light
fittings. I was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but
it was well before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

When looking for our first house, we looked at one which had a warning
notice in the fireplace - "don't turn on the gas"

I cannot find it ATM but there was a case a few years ago where someone did
that and either seriously injured or killed someone. ISTR they went to jail.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:08:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

The previous owners had not only taken every lightswitch and fitting,
they had removed an inset gas fire, by cutting through the pipework on
the supply side of the gas point, rather than uncoupling it from the point!

When all you have is a hacksaw, everything looks like a Dribble.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:49 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I knew he would be moving soon. I will miss him.

But the cheek of actually taking the paving slabs that were
"roughly laid" on his driveway into a van and taking them with him
is the ultimate **** take:-)

He just took them 15 minutes ago.

BTW. He still has a van and a car parked at the bottom of the drive.

--
Adam

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings. I
was too young to enquire precisely what that meant, but it was well
before the days people had posh things like chandeliers.

I can remember helping my brother move house. On the day my brother moved in
the the family that he had bought the house from were still living there and
had not packed one item and asked if they could stop another day!

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-04-13, ARWadsworth wrote:

I can remember helping my brother move house. On the day my brother moved in
the the family that he had bought the house from were still living there and
had not packed one item and asked if they could stop another day!

When we arrived to move into our last house, the incumbent was only about
half moved out. We piled her stuff in the street.

Our removals van was late on the day, BT had already changed the
number and wouldn't tell me what it was (ex-directory), so nobody
could ring back to explain what was (not) happening. Eventually
it arrived, accompanied by a breakdown truck.

We were only about half out when the new owners arrived. Two vans
and crews, the HGV breakdown truck, the incomers, all milling
around - time for a brew.

Our stuff was going out of one door whilst theirs went into the
other. They sent a second crew to speed unloading, and we got
everything in by teatime.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-04-13, wrote:

I can remember helping my brother move house. On the day my brother moved in
the the family that he had bought the house from were still living there and
had not packed one item and asked if they could stop another day!

When we arrived to move into our last house, the incumbent was only about
half moved out. We piled her stuff in the street.

Our removals van was late on the day, BT had already changed the
number and wouldn't tell me what it was (ex-directory), so nobody
could ring back to explain what was (not) happening.

Too late now, but in that situation, plug a phone in and dial 17070, the
exchange will then read back the number ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Too late now, but in that situation, plug a phone in and dial 17070, the
exchange will then read back the number ;-)

I know that now, but 30 years ago I didn't. After a couple of
frustrating conversations with BT, they eventually said they
would ring the new owners, and get them to contact us and tell us
the number.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-04-13, wrote:

I can remember helping my brother move house. On the day my brother moved in
the the family that he had bought the house from were still living there and
had not packed one item and asked if they could stop another day!

When we arrived to move into our last house, the incumbent was only about
half moved out. We piled her stuff in the street.

Our removals van was late on the day, BT had already changed the
number and wouldn't tell me what it was (ex-directory), so nobody
could ring back to explain what was (not) happening.

Too late now, but in that situation, plug a phone in and dial 17070, the
exchange will then read back the number ;-)

Doesn't work on my phone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:55:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Back in my childhood days, when new neighbours moved in, they told us
that their predecessors had taken with them ... the light fittings.

Back in my childhood days, when we were moving house, I was the last
one in and removed the light fittings and cooker switch. My father had
to post them back to the new owners.
I wonder if they were your lot.

Laying Heavy Paving Slabs Steve UK diy 21 April 10th 20 11:14 PM
Making paving slabs. ss UK diy 11 March 8th 12 11:30 PM
cutting paving slabs RobertL UK diy 13 October 3rd 07 03:17 PM
Cutting Paving Slabs [email protected] UK diy 24 August 7th 06 03:04 PM
Paving Slabs Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld UK diy 9 March 8th 04 07:53 PM