Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default What goes under a door cill?

I'm putting a replacement pair of doors at the back of my living room,
that will open into the conservatory.
Where the cill will stand, there is about 3" of timber, then the
concrete floor of the conservatory. In an ideal world, this would all
be perfectly flat flush and level but, of course, it isn't. The
deviations aren't really great enough to put a timber fillet in and it
seems to me that the cill should be set onto something that will take
the shape then harden, but what?
I thought a skim of mortar might work but a) it would be pretty thin
and b) there seems something less than ideal about wood directly onto
wet cement (although the whole area is dry as a bone, so long term
damp won't be any issue). I was toying with a good thick squirt of
silicone, but perhaps there's a right way to do this that I haven't
been able to find in my searches. Any suggestions chaps (or chapesses
of course)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GMM" wrote in message
[...]

Slip some suitably shaped slate between the cill and the wood belon and
mastic or fill over.

uPVC cill caps Rick Hughes[_3_] UK diy 4 March 3rd 10 08:11 PM
Mdf window cill GMM UK diy 6 October 5th 08 10:08 PM
Removing Metal Strip in Door Cill andy UK diy 3 April 13th 06 06:26 PM
Knot-free skirting boards, door linings, cill boards and architraves Cordless Crazy UK diy 12 March 12th 06 02:11 PM